WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Swede

Trophy Hunting

I don't want to start a fight but the pay hunts over in Africa help the villages some of the money goes to the villages and most of the meat it also keeps down predator and brings in money to some of the people selling suviners

Lion roast sell for about $2500 to $3100  dealing on weight I have a friend that's owns a bow shop and he filmed the hunts and harvesting of the meat and the distribution of the meat but like I say I am not wanting to fight we all have our own opinion.

the sale of the meat benefits the villages SG a lot of the hunters that go over there donate the meat to the poor for them to sell or they can consume it since its highly illegal to import any meat from game taken in Africa and the parts u can import require a drying period before they can be imported.

ghost I know what u mean I have several friends that go on safari in Africa frequently and spend almost 10,000 dollars to hunt some of the plains game, I myself will stick to deer and turkeys

Trophy hunting is pointless to me but I'm not gonna judge the guy looking for a mount for the wall because they don't judge the meat hunters like myself.

Hunting whether it's for meat or for trophy does help keep populations in check so it does benefit the environment

you hunt for food big differece trophy hunters do it for the thrill of the kill how can anyone in there right mind look at a beautiful creature and kill it for the fun of it I don't by the conservation and villiage stuff trophy hunters are taking money away from them the villages would make more money for tours of the live animals just saying

SG I can agree with you on the taking away the live animal part but hunting contributes a large amount of money to African economy's.

Those are true trophy hunters they shouldn't be considered hunters by any means those guys are in it to kill not hunt it gives hunters everywhere a bad name.

The safari club does alot of conservation in Africa and yes they do condone fenced hunts but a large portion of the money from these trophy safaris goes into the Africa encomy every year to support the conservation efforts and the anti poaching effort.

Good article SG but as a hunter it sickens me to call those people hunters they are killers not hunters in my book

Do you know that the state of Florida pays trappers to trap hogs and kill them and you can't keep any of the meat from them.

Do you know that the state of Florida pays trappers to trap hogs and kill them and you can't keep any of the meat from them.

yes I do that's nuisance trapping though

I hunt and make every effort to do it legally, ethically and humanly.  If I hunt, I eat what I harvest and do not let it go to waste. I personally do not see the point of trophy hunting.

I have a huge collection of trophy deer antlers and most of them are sheds and a few from deer that died from something. So you really dont have to shoot deer for the antlers.

i personally hunt for meat, if i shoot a deer, i will generally take the first one to walk out.

iof both are bucks i will more than likley shoot the bigger one as it more meat, regarless of rack size.

alot of does are also bigger than bucks, so if i have a doe tag, i would shoot her over a buck.

it all depends on what my cams show in the area for what i target, but the freezer is the goal..........if it so happens to have a massive rack.....well thats a bonus trophy, not my goal.

i also small game hunt like crazy,  again freezer in mind.

i dislike seeing people moan and complain on how hunting is wrong, yet they eat meat.

meat and trophy hunting are seperate, and i dont condone trophy hunting, i see it as a bonus to meat hunting.

my $0.02 take it or leave it.