WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SGH

primus trail classic

This is.the start of a review of the primus trail classic stove available at most walmart stores.and several retailers online..

41zwhCSmQvL._SY400__zpsek3hcm14.jpg

Heres a photo of the stove with the gas can attached it comes with a stuff.sack for the stove.

Heres a link.http://www.amazon.com/Primus-Classic-Trail-Stove/dp/B003MANJEY

Heres the information for the stove directly from primus

SIMPLE, DURABLE, CLASSIC.

ClassicTrail is a simple, durable and classic outdoor stove for those who wish to enjoy good food in the great outdoors. A robust design and a great value. The crosswise pot support acts as a built-in windscreen that makes cooking both fast and reliable. If you don't want to think about matches, you can equip your ClassicTrail with a piezo igniter. Comes with a nylon bag.

FEATURES

Weight: 227 g - 8 oz

Dimensions: 125 x 125 x 55 mm - 4.9" x 4.9" x 2.2"

Output: 2800 W - 10000 BTU/h

Ignition: Manual

Boiling Time: 3 min

Suitable for 1-3 people

Fuel Not Included

I tested this stove this evening with my new stanley adventurer cookset to make a pot of mac.and cheese.

I can say it did boil 24 ozs of water quickly and cooked a.full box of kraft mac and cheese in under 5 mins.

Im also gonna add a small review of the stanley adventurer cookset since.its the pot I will use the most with the stove

4157SZfODDL._SY400__zpssxvefwhu.jpg

heres the specs on the cookset

This simple, smart Adventure Camp Cookset from Stanley includes a small pot and 2 cups for whipping together quick meals while you're backpacking.

Cookset includes a 24-fl.-oz. stainless-steel, single-wall pot and two 10-fl.-oz. insulated plastic cups; cups stow inside pot

Pot is made from 18/8 single-wall stainless steel; rustproof and naturally BPA free

2-position handle on pot extends for cooking and locks in place; handle folds to save space when not in use

Vented lid lets steam escape while cooking

I will get some.more pictures.posted this.week I forgot.to take.pics.earlier while.I.was.testing.the kit