WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ghost

Deer with Atlatl

Where it hit was perfect but the shot was way bad deer was facing to the left I threw to hard  and  dart went right deer spun around to the right and I drilled it some times it pays to belucky.

Nice kit and kill, i've been messing with the Atlatl for a while now...i love it. Just getting started and still in the learning curve. First I read everything i could find on the net and viewed many pictures...few sites that gave from start to finish directions. So you gather all the information you can find, then make your own. First time in the field i was very pleased...not hard to learn. Just after a few tries i was throwing the dart 30 to 40 paces...one pace just under 3 ft. As i got more practice the dart went further...50 paces. Since then I've added the basket makers finger loops and a y stick to the business end. Now i don't have to hold the dart at all and my power has increased to 65 paces. I still have a lot to learn and have yet added a weight to the atlatl for balance. Plus my darts need some work, but all in all i love this weapon.  Can't wait to get a target setup and get me and the atlatl in tune and learn my most effect range.