WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nurkerool

Campfire Chat

Thunder this morning. Downpour and windy right now. I biked to Martini's house on Wednesday. Roughly 30 mile round trip. I was eating carbs and hydrating l;ike made yesterday.

Sunny, but cool today. Got the porch roofing metal put on my cabin yesterday. Things are hoping around the house today with my daughter and son in law here now. The garden is looking pretty good right now with all the rain we have had, it seems to be growing really well. It's keeping me busy hoeing the weeds out though. lol Log on the fire for now! Take care!

wow what a storm yesterday thunder on and off all day and night  8| very cloudy now  :( great excuse to eat alot of pizza muddy  :thumbup: 30 miles wow I would be hurt'in if I did that get your electrolics too  :thumbsup:

I love thunder storms  :love:  Im done with the hard stuff on my Jubilee tractor. I have to take back the wrong three point brackets to tractor supply today and see if they can find the right brackets in one of their other stores. Next weekend is the Berwick days with antique tractors and car show. Im taking two tractors and my Jeep CJ7 over there.

sounds like fun swede  :thumbsup: I love thunderstorms too any kind of storm  :thumbup: went to fred meryers got packing tape and read my book nice today still chilly  8|

Hey everyone.  Sorry but somehow both Tess and I completely forgot the scheduled chat.  I blame her.  One of the things I've noticed about getting older is the darndest things will get forgotten.  Anyhow, next scheduled chat is June 3rd, 2017.  Nothing stops informal chats in here when anyone wants to, however.  Again, my apologies to everyone.

Nice weather today and just a few chores to do today. Mowing continues and both daughters are going to be here today.

My daughter and her husband Kevin spent two hours trying to get Bailey the family beagle out of the woods chasing rabbits yesterday.  :help:    :P  Cloudy this morning but not much chance of rain. I have to find some black dirt with my loader tractor for Sharens rubber tubs for tomato plants.

I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday after work. It was fun. Wednesday, I'm going to help Ace put the motor in his RC plane. Maybe.

Good evening! Chilly, but dry here right now. Suppose to start raining again tomorrow I think. Got the grass almost half mowed before the lawn mower decided it didn't want to run today. It was a busy weekend and got a busy week ahead of me too. Log on the fire for now.

I got the mineral tubs filled with good composted dirt I forgot I had from clearing the south pasture with a dozer a few years ago. I peeled off some top soil with the dozer to clean up trash after the trees were pushed out and made a compost pile. Ill get some pictures of Sharens garden plants she planted in the tubs. Rain possible for the next couple of days but it looks like good weather for the tractor and car show this weekend.

hey swede are there gonna be steam tractors there that would be awesome  :) I think I found a place I need to call tomorrow to get things going  :thumbsup:

No the big steam tractors is in Iowa every year. Old Trashers Reunion it called. The Berwick Days is a tiny town west of here a few miles. We had some rain last night just enough to screw up my plans of planting a big patch of sweet corn. I may have to wait till it dries and have Bottom Dweller Dave till it again with his tractor.

oh I would like to see a steam tractor  :( very nice today  :thumbsup: went to give paperwork to the new apartment  I should know friday  :thumbup: man all this paperwork ugg  scared011.gif

Good morning, Hope everyone is getting the same weather we are here right now! Sunny and beautiful here in southeast KY yesterday and today both. I need to get out and enjoy this weather and work on my cabin, hoe the garden, clean out the garage, etc. Somebody must have put glue in my seat though I can't seem to get up from it. Been a lot going on lately and it seems to have robbed me of my get up and go.

One more day of putting the two row cultivator together. Rusty bolts make slow going. Most of the mowing is done with the camping part of the pasture left to do but rain last night put a stop to it today.

Got the cultivator put together short a couple of bolts slowed me down a bunch. Tomorrow is the big day for showing my tractors and Jeep.

There's a Nor Easter forecasted for this weekend. Right now it's sunny and breezy. We're working on Space Aces remote controlled plane. Still. We have the motor, but no battery pack. We have the body, but no wheels. We have the controller and the receiver but since Ace decided to rewire the receiver, we have a controller and a paper weight. I went to Hobby Lobby hoping they would have the power pack. They didn't have it, but I found a kit that lets you build an FM radio. So, his birthday present is taken care of.

He did think my DIY hot foam cutter was neat. 

Nor Easters can be pretty cool to watch. I always enjoyed going to the beach and watching the waves when I was stationed at Langley, but they can cause a lot damage too. Be careful up there Pete!