WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nurkerool

Campfire Chat

Nurk here.  Set this up for chatting in a little different style than the campfire talk.  I'd like to reserve it for groups who want to chat in real time.

I got to thinking, Tess can talk on her laptop here too.  I'll need to have her sign up.  But that brought up a thought.  Live chatting, you have to be a lot more forgiving of typo's, mispellings, and the occasional sentence that makes no sense....but that is often what makes it funny.  Tess is dyslexic, and no matter what she's mispelled, she simply cannot see it.  I often think how can she do that?  But, here's a little learning disability of my own.  If I stop to think about it, I can tell left from right.  If I don't, I will almost automatically turn the wrong way.  It also makes turning screws and bolts a challenge...I often actually look at the threads to see what is the correct way to tighten or loosen.

I did have a user name for here.  Since it was set up 2010 and unused since...no wonder I forgot it.  Lucky my husband keeps a database.

I have no idea how this works Nuker so Ill have to check it out when I have time.

First official chat will be on Saturday May 6, 2017  No set time, as I will be in the room starting at about 4 to 5 pm my time.  That'll be 4 to 5 for the East Coast and 1 to 2 pm for the West Coast.  Depending on what Tess has scheduled for that day, I may be on earlier.  Topics are whatever we want to talk about.  Tenderfeet may be the only ones who don't know, but keep in mind the family-friendly atmosphere of the forum.

First official chat will be on Saturday May 6, 2017  No set time, as I will be in the room starting at about 4 to 5 pm my time.  That'll be 4 to 5 for the East Coast and 1 to 2 pm for the West Coast.  Depending on what Tess has scheduled for that day, I may be on earlier.  Topics are whatever we want to talk about.  Tenderfeet may be the only ones who don't know, but keep in mind the family-friendly atmosphere of the forum.

:thumbsup:

Sounds Cool.

Its been pretty cold here and theres snow west of here right now :o  Morain today but tis scattered.

It pretty much rained all afternoon yesterday and 41 degrees cold winds we didnt leave the house all day. More rain today. The wild animals and birds are all mixed up and it appears our Goose pair lost her nest again.

Looks like a bunch of hillbillies to me  :thumbup:  Great pictures Chris. The cabin looks plenty stout. It feels more like winter here its finally getting out of the 40s here.  :nono:

Cold wind but sun shine for a change. I did get some mowing done between rains yesterday. Work on tractor and mowing are my plans today as much as my sore back will let me.

listen to your body swede  :thumbup: went to pay my rent found out I wont get a eviction notice so I can move out whenever my housing is mailing me my packet and my amount limits for rent so I think I finily get whats going on  gen165.gif

70% done mowing I will finish today. Waiting for one more part for the Ford Jubilee tractor and I should be done with it. Coons got our goose pairs nest so they left. Our new Oriole left for two days and came back late yesterday with his new bride. Farm run off is killing our moss on the pond. The wind blew for a week calm so far today but 37 right now.

47 so far today and high winds forecast but not too bad so far. I should get my last tractor part for the Jubilee tractor today. Ive got some more mowing for awhile today where we go down the hill to the north bottom.

Been a good week so far. Weather has not been too bad. Had a pretty hard rain on Monday which impeded grass mowing for a while, but the wind quickly dried things up so I was able to finish late that evening. Work on the cabin is still going slow, but I am still hopeful that will change soon. My middle daughter graduates from college this Saturday and my oldest daughter and son in law are flying late tonight. So it will be a busy weekend, but it will also be good to have the whole family together even if it just for a few days.

aww that sounds wonderful kw  :thumbsup: it was nice out went out on my deck to read and when I finished the chaper the dark clouds had rolled in looks like rain again  :(

Warm up finally with sun shine. Were getting ready for Berwick days next week end. Were taking two tractors and my Jeep CJ7 for the old tractor and car show.