WildSurvive Forum
LOST

Who's Having A Birthday

Happy Birthday Theodor Seuss Geisel.  "Oh, The Places You Will Go".

~ He's THE author who has influenced me all my life! I grew up reading Seuss. I always wanted to be the NEXT Dr. Seuss. Somebody made work badges once with a picture of a tiny preemie in somebody's hand, and they put our stupid slogan on it that I always hated, so I asked her to make ME one that said "A person's a person, no matter how small." Dr. Seuss.

well.....  EVERYBODY Wanted one like mine, and now, it's a commonly used quote in our NICU.  I asked my kids to give me a Dr. Seuss quote last night when I was making supper, they all could quote Seuss. It made me proud.

"You have brains in your head, and feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself any direction you choose."  :arigato:  (one of my personal favorite Seuss quotes)

I used to hate reading Dr Suess books, (Always loved the content and how insightful they were but reading them was a pain) once I had read them enough to read them at a fun pace pace without tripping over myself, I've loved them ever since.  They are truly amazingly insightful.  I love them now and read at least 1 of them weekly (I still read to my youngest every night as I did with the older boys until they were old enough to read their own chapter books).  My youngest is 7 and we are trading off reading, he reads one book then I read 1 book and he doesn't request them as often as he used to but still at least once a week I'm reading one of them.  (The Lorax is his favorite).