WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Adi

Survival supplies retailers

For you Americans. I found a rather good online store for survival type products. i have had a look through and there are some really interesting items on there.

http://www.bestglide.com/index.htm

It link might be useful to someone.

If you know of any others maybe you could list them here.

Good site, Adi.  I just took a quick look, and I can say I did see a couple of items for 4 to 5 dollars less than I have found elsewhere.

Some of the sites I look at or receive catalogs from are:

www.campmor.com

www.sportsmansguide.com

www.cheaperthandirt.com

Hi Bob, i was not to sure whether the site was good value or not but what i liked was, they have a lot of good kit from a lot of different manufacturers and they have not stayed with the mainstream suppliers. They dont sell somethings i would like to see but they dont sell much of the rubbish either.

There is stuff on there that i know about but have never seen sold in the outdoor super markets. I have also noted they dont sell most of the crap survival stuff that you see in many other stores i.e. the stuff that does not work very well or at all. And there business is Aviation Survival so i feel they ain't going to sell crap.

Ok i have given a blinding account of this company by just the products they offer (which speaks volumes to me), I have never had contact with them, i dont know them and i dont work for them in any shape or form.

Galls are great i used Galls UK a lot when i worked security for duty and medical kit. They didn't do much in survival kit though.

Well I've been told as far as stores goes to get stuff, Canadian Tires is a pretty good place to "go" to.  Several of our northern neighbors buy backpacks, folding saws, candles, and tents there. 

Outdoor gear $5 membership and they send you catalogues twice a year

mec.ca

Cool i heard of them before army buddies got stuff there only $5 lifetime member ship is cool thought it would be pricey. I hope its the same on location because i know i can take the bus there. Thanks.

Yes is it the same in store. Acuctual they have more in store then they have on line or in their cataluge. I miss being able to go to the store since we moved.