WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Watcherofthewoods

Underarmor

This stuff ROX. i got an underarmor shirt for christmas its supposed to be used in sports because it removes sweat from your skin.  I loved it today on my hike i was sooooo dry at the end it was amazing.  anyone else have cpments on it?

I havn't used the product.  I actually prefer to let the sweat cool my body off, unless it's cool outside, so in that respect, it would be nice to have during the winter/fall months. 

that stuff works well especially in the cold, keeps body heat in and wicks sweat off your body so you dont get cold

Guest Lead Dog

How does UnderArmor compare to other brands anyone has tried?

I have two other generic brands.  One stunk.  I don't even know where I got it. I got a generic one from Walmart.  It worked ok.  It was alot thinner and didn't last as long.  Under Armor was better.  But for the price you can buy 4 generic ones at Walmart. 

Guest adrenjunky

The stuff is awesome and nothing I have worn comes even close. Unfortunatly I have to stop wearing it at work.  :cry: But I love it and it will still go with me on hikes.

Guest Lead Dog

I have some REI stuff that has served me well.  Sounds like I need to pick up some UnderArmor if you guys love it that much.

Sierra design works well. 

Polypro stuff is pretty handy when you're tripping (or at least I think so)  I don't care if I look sweaty or not, however I do enjoy the quick drying properties.  As well, when you are just on a normal roadtrip, they don't wrinkle!!

Keep in mind, most polypro stuff will wick away the sweat from your body... doesn't mean it will do anything for the smell!  So kiddies, keep that in mind when you're wearing it around after a workout ;)

I have been using the Rocky fleece mid weight and heavy weight this winter and am satisfied with the preformance of it so far. I have been outside with a shirt and pants and that as my base layer and have been warm. And it wasn't all that expensive. They also have a light weight set that is like under armor. I haven't gotten that as of yet.