WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Firekid

Salt Water Fishing

Here you guys can post pics and talk about your salt water fishing trips or even perhaps a story. :)

Were you went fishing at the time and what you went to catch. What bait did you use on this trip and or lures? What about the rod type? explain and an have fun i will post my storys after yours. :hugegrin:

I did some saltwater fishing (back bay in shallow water) down in North Corolina over the last two years. Just fishing for fun. I've used raw bacon, shrimp cooked and raw, hot dogs etc. The Little minnows kept nibbling my bait off the hook.

This year we tried a brand of packaged bait called GULP. No problems with the minnows taking the bait off the hooks as they wouldn't go near it. Nothing would touch it. I fed some shrimp to the seagulls (I tooks my hooks out of the water when they were around) and then threw them a hand full of GULP and they wouldn't touch it.

Any suggestions for a decent brand of bait? 

I did some saltwater fishing (back bay in shallow water) down in North Corolina over the last two years. Just fishing for fun. I've used raw bacon, shrimp cooked and raw, hot dogs etc. The Little minnows kept nibbling my bait off the hook.

This year we tried a brand of packaged bait called GULP. No problems with the minnows taking the bait off the hooks as they wouldn't go near it. Nothing would touch it. I fed some shrimp to the seagulls (I tooks my hooks out of the water when they were around) and then threw them a hand full of GULP and they wouldn't touch it.

Any suggestions for a decent brand of bait?  

Use pinfish.  It is a sorta standard for that kind of fishing.  You go out early with two kinds of rods.  One of the five-dollar kind (super light, sunfish hook, split shot).

Catch a buncha pinfish (little grunts, yadayada).  THEN go to your fishin' spot, use the "real" rod, and hook the pinfish through the back meat.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRVqMB3a8bipfpAVO84c6LjjgzwWvMbEfi8kCRl4AswH3rmoGgvw

Little bitsy fish will not touch your bait, but the big fish will tear hell outa it.

Use pinfish.  It is a sorta standard for that kind of fishing.  You go out early with two kinds of rods.  One of the five-dollar kind (super light, sunfish hook, split shot).

Cool. I'm assuming that if the little fish only ignore them if thet're still wiggling. I'd have to look again, but I thought I saw something in the NC fish & game regulations that said you couldn't fish with live bait. Could be I'm wrong