WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LOST

Lockdown Alert for Schools

When I was in middle school we got a bomb threat so they evacuated all the teachers and students into the gym. now its a fairly big middle school so the gym is FULL of humans. we were locked down in there untill the bomb squad/dogs could search all the lockers and rooms and eventually find out that it was a fake. t

he thing that made EVERYONE really worried is that. for EVERY bomb threat they are going to be putting us in the gym, that was the procedure. so what if the bomb in the school was IN the gym. it never made any sense. and someone looking to do the most damage would definatly find out that we would be locked in the gym and would place the bomb there. especially if it was another student, he would for sure know that.

That is dumb.  Ours always took us outside and away from any debris field.  Dang what if the roof fell on you guys?

Guest given to the sea...

~ Most of the lockdowns that have occured in my kids school, were the result of weather (one time they had a tornado warning that occured right before school was supposed to be let out, so they had a lock down) and all the other times it was to keep out potential violent people who were nearby. At squatties school last month some police were chasing some individuals who had been robbing people's houses while they were at work. The chase went on through a neighborhood near the school for three hours! They were running and hiding. So they lock all the schools nearby to prevent a hostage situation.

I think Bomb threats are a thing of the past. I think if the war on terror has taught us anything, it is that NO self-respecting terrorist is gonna give us a heads-up when it comes to a bomb! happy061.gif

Has there EVER been a real bomb threat? :unsure: (that didn't happen in a movie?) Can we name ONE time, when somebody called and said "I've planted a bomb!", and there actually WAS one? Has that EVER happened?

I can't think of one. Can anybody else?

No maybe there hasn't been but everything has to be taken in a seriuos matter with that type of threat. As there is that one time when it just may be the real deal. And now a day no one can take anything lightly.

That was not the best idea for placing everyone in there that policy needs to be re-written. I have handled bomb threats before for schools. As we ran a drill for the area high school and everyone was evacuated out of the school. And we had the bomb sniffing dogs and bomb techs there along with all the area fire companies. It ran smoothly even though it was a drill but only so many knew it was a drill. Most of the fire fighters weren't told prior to it being over so the intensity level was high. We evac'ed the kids to the football field behind the school which is some distance from the school.

Has there EVER been a real bomb threat?  :unsure: (that didn't happen in a movie?)  Can we name ONE time, when somebody called and said "I've planted a bomb!", and there actually WAS one? Has that EVER happened?

I can't think of one. Can anybody else?

I know of hundreds of real bomb threats, i have actually taken one over the phone in the past. The criminal terror groups during the Ireland problems often gave out real bomb threats. A bomb threat made for a very small bomb caused more disruption than a bomb going off. Sometimes the bomb threats were designed to clear an area of civilians so they can target security forces. Many bomb placed by unstable people will be backed up with bomb scares as a call for help or to gloat.

Secondly if there are lots of groups using bombing campaigns in a country like Ireland, if a bomb went off and there was no treat made all the groups would claim responsabilety so the bomb scare was used to bpublises the fact that it was your groups bomb.

Self respecting crimenal terror bombers will always give a bomb threat if possable its good for there cause.

Second to this i can see a very good reason to use the school gym for lock downs including bomb treats.

Most gyms are big open spaces with clean lines not many places to hide packages containing IEDs or bombs. They are quick and easy to clear of a likely threat, so if a bomb threat is issued staff can clear the gym relatively quickly and once its cleared the kids can be moved in.

To clear a school of a bomb threat takes many hours so the kids need to go somewhere out of the weather and somewhere with facilities such as toilets a gym is ideal for this sort of thing.

From my mothers experience growing up during the height of the cold war and with the treat of sever weather in many parts of the US, school gyms were often built to a much stronger and safer design than the rest of the school as a shelter not only for the kids during school days but as community shelters in times of earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes and even nuclear war. If this gym had been built to those standards then its structure is going to be relatively bomb proof even with an IED placed on the external wall.

A gym is also easy to lock down with few entry/exits so it only takes a couple of teachers/LEOs to secure these points.

Adrian is right.  The threats have been real and in some cases the ample time between warning and either detination or discovery of the bomb(s) was to show that the control was not in the hands of anyone but the terrorists, perhaps not called terrorists until 9/11.

There are always exceptions with mentally sick people though.

One very old one that comes to mind is the Bath School Bombings, in Michigan I think.  Set the wheel in other's minds of how harsh reality can be.

~ I KNOW that they have to take all threats seriously... I was just teasing y'all. :P

I guess, back when terrorists were anti-political groups who did not want to target innocent people... they made a lot more bomb threats. :unsure:

I miss the good-ole days when our world's terrorists had some "ethics". :whistle:

Where have all the "ethical" terrorists gone? When, in the world of terror, did 17 Virgins in a "supposed" afterlife, get to be better than the return of a political prisoner, or millions of dollars in unmarked bills? 8|

I can't help but wonder, what kind of person buys that kind of bargain? :smoke:

whatever happened to "caveat emptor" ?

(I guess, in the middle east, they just didn't watch the Brady Bunch growing up. There's something to be learned from those old shows.) :rofl:

They have been called terrorists in Europe for many years, in some places they have been known as freedom fighters or guerrillas but at the end of the day they should not be glorified with such names.

They are criminals and they are the weakest most cowardly of all criminals.

Taken/Given :  My head swings back and forth with your name change.  ;)

They have all been terrorists, but cowards and murderers of innocents is more like it.  The older countries have been dealing for so very long Adi.

I guess, back when terrorists were anti-political groups who did not want to target innocent people...  they made a lot more bomb threats.  :unsure:

The IRA, IPLO, CIRA, UVF, RHC, LVF, UDA, UFF, RHD, LVF and OV in Northern Ireland alone. ETA in Spain Just to name a couple are all political criminal terror groups all have been involved with bombings, murders, assassination and other criminal activities to fund there terror campaigns and they did not care who they killed. As i said before they gave bomb threats to meet there own ends and publicity and not to save life and limb.

All of the above criminal organisations shared information, training and tactics with each other and other terror groups around the world including, Africa, middle east, far east, central American and southern American terror groups. Religion was never an issue between these groups when it was sharing information, ideas and weapons.

~  If I've learned anything from history, it's that "one man's terrorist is another man's patriot."

One has to wonder why terrorism has gotten more graphic and why innocent people and children are so often targeted. Maybe the media is to blame. Terrorism without shock value is useless... it's just not "terrorism" unless people go OMG!  scared011.gif

The media has desensitized the world to graphic images, so that only the most heinous crimes actually shock anybody anymore. It takes a lot to make people raise an eyebrow.

Years ago, terrorists could do things like throw a bunch of tea in a harbor and set fire to a boat, and it would be news worthy...  cool14.gif

The Sons of Liberty, were also considered a terrorist group. They were a secret organization. Hidden from authority, and they organized violence, and sometimes killed innocent people, and they sparked a rebellion that won our country its freedom.  :whistle:

When you stand back and really look at things, everything is relative to whatver side one is standing on.

When people feel the need to lash out with violence, it is easy to say that there's just something wrong with them. But beneath every random act of violence, there seems to be years of abuse, or oppression. People can't take it forever. When they break, they fight back. Maybe they don't know who to fight anymore. Maybe the enemy is unseen, and they just have to fight ghosts. Who knows... ? 

I'm sure all terrorist groups, and political groups, banking groups, and the governments they lend money to, do everything they do to "meet their own ends". 

Anyhow, I wasn't "glorifying" terrorists/liberty fighters/patriots/freedom fighters, at all. 

you been goggling for your answers again Taken, you don’t know what your talking about and it shows, your talking crap.

I am going to drop this now before i lose my rag with you, it wont be the first time you have peed me off with your un informed un educated posts (that is not all your posts some have been very valuable to the forum) but i have let them go because everyone is entitled  to there opinion.

But today you have commented on something I know a little about, I have experienced terrorism first hand in Ireland, England, Germany, Spain, Israel, Kenya, South Africa, Columbia, Uganda, Morocco, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Russia and Ukraine just to list a couple. I have seen first hand what it does to friends, families and communities. I don’t give a damn how you justify it, terrorists are murdering criminals and that is the end of the story.

I am not going to apologise for posting this in public, its better its said in the open in the context its meant. Taken you have a reputation of being an antagoniser and then back tracking, turning things around and saying I didn’t mean what I said, well your crap wont work with me. You have peed me off and I am letting you know you have peed me off and I don’t care who you have wound around your finger I am telling you now you have upset a lot of people on this forum in the past with your crap. Please drop the attitude and think before you post, your entitled to your opinions its not what your saying that upsets people its how you say it. 

I have said my piece; please feel free to have your say in return. 

~  If I've learned anything from history, it's that "one man's terrorist is another man's patriot."

Given sweetie, without trying to be sarcastic, this is a topic of highly sensitive issues.  There are those here that have values of a different sort.  It is hard for all of us to agree all the time, but the idealism of a terrorist being another man's/woman's patriot is way off.  There are those who may see a son/daughter as a martyr for their beliefs, but as a whole they are not patriots by any means.

One has to wonder why terrorism has gotten more graphic and why innocent people and children are so often targeted. Maybe the media is to blame. Terrorism without shock value is useless... it's just not "terrorism" unless people go OMG!  scared011.gif

Murder has always been very graphic, it is not something new.

The media has desensitized the world to graphic images, so that only the most heinous crimes actually shock anybody anymore. It takes a lot to make people raise an eyebrow.

Years ago, terrorists could do things like throw a bunch of tea in a harbor and set fire to a boat, and it would be news worthy...   cool14.gif

The Sons of Liberty, were also considered a terrorist group. They were a secret organization. Hidden from authority, and they organized violence, and sometimes killed innocent people, and they sparked a rebellion that won our country its freedom.  :whistle:

Think about the cost of the "SO CALLED FREEDOM."  We are not a free nation.  There is no such thing.  We are all in subjection to a superior authority in one land or another. Everywhere.

When you stand back and really look at things, everything is relative to whatver side one is standing on.

When people feel the need to lash out with violence, it is easy to say that there's just something wrong with them. But beneath every random act of violence, there seems to be years of abuse, or oppression. People can't take it forever. When they break, they fight back. Maybe they don't know who to fight anymore. Maybe the enemy is unseen, and they just have to fight ghosts. Who knows... ? 

Think about greed as an incentive for someone's violence.  Including this life guzzling country we live in.  Don't get me wrong, I will obey the laws of the land, but I do not have to agree all the time with them.

I'm sure all terrorist groups, and political groups, banking groups, and the governments they lend money to, do everything they do to "meet their own ends". 

Greed!

Anyhow, I wasn't "glorifying" terrorists/liberty fighters/patriots/freedom fighters, at all. 

There are those who will earn glory in their own right, and never be recognized by anyone.

These are the real men/women of honor.

you been goggling for your answers again Taken, you don’t know what your talking about and it shows, your talking crap.

I am going to drop this now before i lose my rag with you, it wont be the first time you have peed me off with your un informed un educated posts (that is not all your posts some have been very valuable to the forum) but i have let them go because everyone is entitled  to there opinion.

But today you have commented on something I know a little about, I have experienced terrorism first hand in Ireland, England, Germany, Spain, Israel, Kenya, South Africa, Columbia, Uganda, Morocco, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Russia and Ukraine just to list a couple. I have seen first hand what it does to friends, families and communities. I don’t give a damn how you justify it, terrorists are murdering criminals and that is the end of the story.

I am not going to apologise for posting this in public, its better its said in the open in the context its meant. Taken you have a reputation of being an antagoniser and then back tracking, turning things around and saying I didn’t mean what I said, well your crap wont work with me. You have peed me off and I am letting you know you have peed me off and I don’t care who you have wound around your finger I am telling you now you have upset a lot of people on this forum in the past with your crap. Please drop the attitude and think before you post, your entitled to your opinions its not what your saying that upsets people its how you say it. 

I have said my piece; please feel free to have your say in return. 

~ Adi, I don't have a clue what I have said or done to you to make you so mad at me. You took my original post and replied to it as if I was making light of terror.  You read something into it that simply was NOT there. I'm sorry if you and LOST have somehow hatched it in your minds that I am justifying Terrorism. I don't think I said that at all. Read it again, objectively.

I was making light of the idea of a terrorist in THIS day and time warning somebody of an attack. I was joking. THAT's ALL.

I wasn't insinuating that terror does not exist, or that terror is not a horrible thing to have to deal with, or that millions of people are not effected by it on this planet. I am sure that to many people, War is terror.

I am not googling for my opinions. I form those on my own.

I wouldn't try to say something to hurt your feelings. My whole entire first post on this thread was playful and joking. Somehow, you read it, and felt like I was siding with terrorists. I don't get it.  :nono:

I don't need to. You are entitled to your opinion of me.  :thumbup:  that's cool.

I never meant for you to think I am defending terrorism.  I'm not backtracking on anything I said. I don't think I'm "talking crap" (as you put it.)  It sounds like you're just out looking to get personal, looking for a fight. You need to look somewhere else. I said nothing "personal" towards you. I'm not going to now either.

As long as we feel justified to label people as the enemy, and we label them murderers and as long as we demonize them, (the axis of evil) and they demonize us,(the great Satan)  nothing in this world will ever change. I believe that. I don't care if you do or not.

I'm sorry if you and LOST have somehow hatched it in your minds that I am justifying Terrorism.

I was making light of the idea of a terrorist in THIS day and time warning somebody of an attack. I was joking. THAT's ALL.

I am sure that all the folks who are serious about their children being murdered would see it just that way, as a joke.

I wasn't insinuating that terror does not exist, or that terror is not a horrible thing to have to deal with, or that millions of people are not effected by it on this planet. I am sure that to many people, War is terror.

I wouldn't try to say something to hurt your feelings. My whole entire first post on this thread was playful and joking. Somehow, you read it, and felt like I was siding with terrorists. I don't get it.   :nono:

I don't need to. You are entitled to your opinion of me.  :thumbup:  that's cool.

I never meant for you to think I am defending terrorism.  I'm not backtracking on anything I said. I don't think I'm "talking crap" (as you put it.)  It sounds like you're just out looking to get personal, looking for a fight. You need to look somewhere else. I said nothing "personal" towards you. I'm not going to now either.

As long as we feel justified to label people as the enemy, and we label them murderers and as long as we demonize them, (the axis of evil) and they demonize us,(the great Satan)  nothing in this world will ever change. I believe that. I don't care if you do or not.

What do you really know of the axis of evil or the great Satan?  This needs more explanation for it to make sense.

Thanks for your reply it is now 12.45 am and i have to be up at 5.30 am so a quick reply, the thing that upsets me is you joking about it and your third post is justifying it. When you have compressed the bleeding of a dieing man blown to bits in the street with a crowed of on lookers cheering and that man turns around and his only concern is the welfare of his mates who are also laying in the street dieing, will you have earnt my respect to have a laugh and joke about the bad times.

Your not qualified to comment or to pass judgment, please be mindful of who you might be offending or upsetting with your comments.

Good night

~ I was not Joking about terrorism, Adi. Do you ever even READ what I write? Or do you just pick out the parts you need to attack me? It's not just THIS post either. You are quick to attack me in other threads as well. I don't know what your problem is, but it's not ME. So leave me the hell alone.

I also don't belive that you got offended about "that" I think you're just wanting to argue with me for some weird personal reasons, and you are inventing a reason to do so.  I was making fun of somebody (a terrorist) being stupid enough to kill himself for the promise of virgins in an afterlife. That is all.  I was NOT making fun of VICTIMS. How in the world did you come away from what I wrote thinking that I was making fun of victims of terror? 

I NEVER "Laughed and Joked" about the "Bad times". You are putting words in my mouth, that I never typed.

You seem to think you know a lot about me. I don't appreciate the personal put-downs.

And I seriously do not appreciate your down-talking to me, and telling me what I am or am not qualified to comment on, or pass judgement on. How arrogant you must be, to have said the things you have said about me. Telling me to "be mindful" of who I might be upsetting with my comments. My comments were not even related to you, or victims, or anything you have brought up.

YOU are the one who has slung out personal insults to me. But YOU don't have to "be mindful" of anything you say. 

Why are you allowed to say whatever you feel about me personally? But I have to  "be mindful"?  :unsure:

You do not know me, so please QUIT insulting me. You don't know HOW many innocent children I've held in my arms who were victims of violence...You don't have a clue how many babies and children I've held, as the blood ran out of their mouths, noses, and ears. You don't think I've been in a warzone? You don't know what the hell I've been through, Adi. Quit acting like you know something about me.

terror is terror, violence is violence, murder is murder. Just because it happens when you're "mate" is wearing a uniform doesn't mean it's worse than any other victim goes through. Children are killed in war too, and they are crippled, and mamed. The only difference is they don't get medals for their sacrifice. Everyday is a war zone to some kids. I've taken care of PLENTY of casualties in my lifetime!

Violence is bad, War is bad. Freedom is NOT free. I'm not some advocate for violence. Bad crap happens everyday to people all over this planet. I am NOT making fun of that. QUIT Trying to say that I was, or that I am. I NEVER WOULD.

~ Adi, I don't have a clue what I have said or done to you to make you so mad at me. You took my original post and replied to it as if I was making light of terror.  You read something into it that simply was NOT there. I'm sorry if you and LOST have somehow hatched it in your minds that I am justifying Terrorism.

I did not say you were justifying terrorism.  But it is murder and it is not a joking matter.  That's all.

I don't think I said that at all. Read it again, objectively.

I wouldn't try to say something to hurt your feelings. My whole entire first post on this thread was playful and joking. Somehow, you read it, and felt like I was siding with terrorists. I don't get it.   :nono:

Taken/Given:  go back and read your own words dear. 

You need to slow down in an area of which you have never participated.

The children you help and save in your duties are numbered by your environment.  Now imagine walking through a bombing quadrant where the children are too many to help and you walk by as bodies lie mangled by the dozens. 

You may hold one life at a time as you try to deal in your world, but there are those here who have seen in one day what you may need a lifetime to match.  It is just a sensitive issue for many.  Not that "one" death anywhere, is worse than another, but casulties by the thousands compound the effects on those who see it in greater numbers.

Herein lies this ongoing debate, unless you have been to where others have fought, it may be best to stick with and teach us of your specialty.

~ I have read my own words. I don't hear myself saying anything disrespectful to the victims of terrorism, or to Adi.

I'm sorry the two of you took everything I said the wrong way. I don't think Adi had a right to get personal and speak down to my like he did. I don't care what he's been through, he has no right to talk to me like that.

All I hear him saying is that nobody on this website can have an opinion that might not agree with his without being labeled an antagonizer. I hear him say that alot, all over the forum.