WildSurvive Forum
Fusion

What Do You Carry?

I love my Harsey Air Ranger.  It's light and flat, so it just sort of dissapears into a pocket until you need it.  My only complaint is that the pocket clip works loose and you have to be REALLY careful about over-tightening because those panels are aluminum.  The screw holes strip out really easy!

Mistwalker, as soon as you come up with that joke, share it!   :D

Odd..., I've been carrying mine every day for over thee years using it at least three or four times a day, Lisa even uses it some. I've slept in my jeans with it in my pocket more times than I can count......, the clip has never loosened at all....., ironically that fact is one of the things I really like about the knife......, odd huh? Oh...., don't really have the whole structure yet but it was something along the lines of being able to look good and have clean breath for the interview with the pretty news girl after being found while stranded, and then being well prepared to smoke that celebratory (or necessary...., depending on your particular point of view) cigar for being back in civilization. 

I always have a knife on me, no matter where I go. 

ME TOO!!! except when I have to go to the court house to get tags or pay my property taxes, and then only because they frown on it, have metal detectors, and several guys with guns....., I don't go to air ports

ME TOO!!! except when I have to go to the court house to get tags or pay my property taxes, and then only because they frown on it, have metal detectors, and several guys with guns....., I don't go to air ports

Yup, those deputies frown on a feller packing in the court house!  Although, they did think my Leatherman Wave was pretty cool.... :whistle:

Hey K-bob, what kinda bag thing is that on the far right? I am looking into getting somthing like that for my EDC. I just made a small sheath for my SAK, though the sewing job sucked. I think it's going to end up falling apart :(  THough maybe I'm wrong and completely doubt my craftsmanship.

On me on all times

1. AIR FORCE pocket calnder

2. Walet (inside money,cards,ID,driving perment,condum)

3. Pencil pen and marker

4. Change

5.Gum

Ithink if i carred a knife to school i would get expeled LOL

Yup, those deputies frown on a feller packing in the court house!  Although, they did think my Leatherman Wave was pretty cool.... :whistle:

Yep, and if you give them a chance it becomes theirs..., they say they throw them away but I doubt it if it is something good.

Well..., here are some pics of the stuff that is always ready to go and some that is usually in my truck. I really don't have time to lable this and I'm sure most of you will recognize it all, if you have any questions just ask me, I'll be glad to answer.

This bag is always at hand, even goes in restaurants and on our walks with me, sometimes other contents are added but when they are added they are "mission speciffic".

edc-1.jpg

edc-7.jpg

no..., the machete doesn't fit, it's just laying there

Sometimes, like now, lol, this bag is in the truck also but always when I go to the mountains both these go for the ride with me

edc-2.jpg

edc-3.jpg

These show the components of the canteen cup and stove system.

edc-9.jpg

edc-4.jpg

edc-5.jpg

pays to take the time to hand-pick your matches, pick the ones with the largest heads and most phosforous

edc-6.jpg

or else you may end up with some useless ones like this when you really need a fire quickly

edc-8.jpg

This one shows the inner strands of parachute cord that can be pulled out, tied to the outer shell. and then made into a gill net

edc-10.jpg

Hey K-bob, what kinda bag thing is that on the far right?  I am looking into getting somthing like that for my EDC.  I just made a small sheath for my SAK, though the sewing job sucked.  I think it's going to end up falling apart :(   THough maybe I'm wrong and completely doubt my craftsmanship.

It's a Nite-Ize Pock-Its holster.  It has a space for a multi-tool, flashlight, some loops and a larger rear compartment.  It's not bad for a day when you'll be standing all the time, but if you have to get in and out of chairs it can get in the way.  Otherwise, I think it's perfect.

http://www.niteize.com/productdetail.php?category_id=28&product_id=63

Great looking kits, mistwalker!  :thumbup:

What type of bags you got there Mist?  Also, what kinda containers for your matches, army surplus?

Aussie Ruck sack, and a "venturer's" bag, no..., unfortunately they are imports...., still looking for issue ones

Very nice kit Mistwalker, the paper bag appeared in one of the last pics what do you keep in that ? Or was it just lunch in there,LOL

Very nice kit Mistwalker, the paper bag appeared in one of the last pics what do you keep in that ? Or was it just lunch in there,LOL

Thank you, actually that bag in and of it's self isn't part of the kit and probably shouldn't be in the pics, lol, if you look close at it in the fourth pic you can just make out that it is full of Alice clips that I have gathered up over time and for lack of a better place for now had stored it in the ruck sack.

I got a Swiss Card yesterday, that is now part of my EDC.

Those look pretty cool to have, does it look like it will hold up over time

As long as I don't sit on it or run over it.  Then ya! 

I thought it was designed to go in a wallet...., which often gets sat on.

I thought it was designed to go in a wallet...., which often gets sat on.

I keep mine in my front pocket.... safer there.  I could sit on it, just don't want to with the magnifying glass there.

I have a delema here.  I really like the little blade in my Swiss Card.  Its only 1 1/2 inches long and on the box it says letter opener.  Should I take this out for school, or will I be ok with it? http://www.swissknivesexpress.com/vicswislit.html Here is info on it.

If your school system is like ours you should probably take it out......, but, realistically what are the expectations of discovery unless you go about showing it off?