WildSurvive Forum
Fusion

What Do You Carry?

I have a delema here.  I really like the little blade in my Swiss Card.  Its only 1 1/2 inches long and on the box it says letter opener.  Should I take this out for school, or will I be ok with it? http://www.swissknivesexpress.com/vicswislit.html Here is info on it.

Actually the "box opener" is pretty effective, as is the whole Swisscard when used the way it was designed. I have had one on me for years, so long I forget that I carry it. In my wallet, and one in my PDA case. I use the one from my PDA case on almost a daily basis for this around my office. SK, it is a really solid addition to your PSK, as long as you dont try and use it for stuff more suited to a Leatherman (or better yet, a Swisstool).

And before you guys buy SAKs anywhere, always remember to check http://felinevet.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 first. Tim always has a good selection, and even if it isnt listed on his site, he most likely has it. And the profits go to a good cause. :)

Actually the "box opener" is pretty effective, as is the whole Swisscard when used the way it was designed. I have had one on me for years, so long I forget that I carry it. In my wallet, and one in my PDA case. I use the one from my PDA case on almost a daily basis for this around my office. SK, it is a really solid addition to your PSK, as long as you dont try and use it for stuff more suited to a Leatherman (or better yet, a Swisstool).

And before you guys buy SAKs anywhere, always remember to check http://felinevet.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 first. Tim always has a good selection, and even if it isnt listed on his site, he most likely has it. And the profits go to a good cause. :)

Thanks for the link, MrC!  That's where my next SAK will come from!  :thumbup:

Got a Covey pocket sized notebook back in my corporate days. Replaced the monthly booklets with a .60 cent notebook, pen holder already attached. The two wallet sized inside pocket now hold bandaids, Goodys headache powders, Tums powder, fishing stuff, a utility knife blade, tinfoil, wire, matches and last but not least a sewing kit made out of a book of matches with the matches cut out.. It all fits in a 3 x 5 ziplock and I keep it either in a left cargo pants pocket or left back pocket. SAK in pants pocket and a Polaroid print preserver tube of matches with a Vaseline cotton ball in saran wrap also in pockets. P-38, a welders striker flint and a button compass on a string on my key ring. Also have my "Woodswalker Knife" in the right cargo pants pocket or right back pocket. Wallet is a small business card case in front pocket. From the outside you can't tell I have anything at all, but I know. These things work for me, what works for you is your business.

On person:

HK Compact USP .45 or Glock mod 27 in .40 depending on how light I'm dressed.

Fenix light and BRKT mikro Canadian in a leather holster in my back pocket

Cash (in front pocket)

Wallet

Marathon Gov issue TSAR

Cell phone

In car:

Complete BOB

Gallon of water

since im in school till 2:30, after school i put on my edc pants(cargo pants) i hate jeans sorry!

my edc pants include:

LEFT POCKET -- Wallet (duct tape wallet)

- charged phone

-Victorinox Huntsman

Right pocket-- Spyderco Endura 4

-write in the rain notebook

-G2 Pilot Pen

LEft leg pocket-- Pocket Survival pak by doug ritter - wrapped with 25 feet of 550 paracord

- bandana

Right leg pocket-- Firesteel

-zippo

-good book

left  back butt pocket-moleskin notebook

cheapo LED flashlight that is super small and super super super bright (like brighter than any other flash light that doesnt run off of batteries its hand cranked,and it is 1 inch bye .5 inch and i got it from a store for 50 cents)

right back butt pocket -- Ipod nano 2nd generation

-credit card wrapped with duct tape 20 feet

On me all the time:

Cold Steel Prolite, tanto point full serration

Swiss Army Knife

Firesteel

Cellphone

Cash & Coin

In the Truck:

BOB

gallon of water (in 16.9 oz bottles)

Flashlight

Long Underwear Shirt

Spare t-shirt

Pair of Nylon sports shorts

Roll of TP (you never know)

(2) Mainstays 3600 Calorie bars

FAK (bandages, sutures, Nitrile gloves, headlight, burn cream, scalple w/assorted blades, skin staplers, hemostats, scissors, tweezers, other misc. gear)

Smith and Wesson HRT neck Knife

21'' ASP (collapsable Baton)

Plastic Grocery Bags (can always find a use for them)

In the toolbox:

Rope

Tie-downs

More water

Smaller toolbox (assorted hand tools, Irwin Maraton Saw, Leather gloves)

Drill

Flashlight

Fold up Camp Chair

Bin with assorted screws, washers, nails, anchors, bolts, etc.

Floating between Me, Truck, & House (depending on where I am going):

Glock 21 w/13 rounds and a spare mag

gr8outdrsmn,

Suggestion - Increase the food some and your all set with your BOB, maybe some beef jerkey, nuts, dried fruit some dehydrated food

Glock 21 w/13 rounds and a spare mag

The 21 is a rather large package and a bit heavy for a half and half, but it shoots really well, how do you like it?

Tatonka: yeah i have been trying to figure out what I am going to carry for extra food.  I have some Mountian house packs that I will most likely use, since i have ample water in the truck.  I also plan on making some homemade jerky and give that a try.

Mist: yeah the 21 is kind of large, but I am alsmot 6'5'' tall and have big hands so it's not too big on me. As far as weight goes, I do residential electrical work, so I am used to having several pounds of tools on me all day and I carry tons of stuff all day long. In that respect it's not too bad at all , for me.  I love this gun.  It shoots great, easy to disassemble/clean. I was contemplating a 1911, but ended up going with this for the extra mag capacity, and it was a lot less $$$ than the 1911, haha.  Another nice thing is that when I do leave it in the truck in the summer, the grip doesn't burn me when i pick it up, like the steel would from being in 150 or more degree truck all day.

I believe that it is time for this thread to be brought back to life!  So, what do you carry on you every day?

I carry

-Cell Phone

-Wallet (Inside is credit cards, cash, library card, ID, student ID, bandaids, alcohol pad (tinder)

-Fenix LD01 flashlight

-Gorilla tape folded flat to the size of a credit card

-Lighter

-Chapstick

-Ferro/Mag Rod

-Pocket knife (going between my cold steel lawman and a little folder that Razor got me a few years ago.  I will be replacing these with the ESEE Izula Folder when it comes out)

-Bandana

-Caribeaner with a pill container and IB Profin, an INKA colapsable pen, and a SOG micron tanto.

-Keys with paracord lanyard

Occasionally I carry my leatherman wave on my belt as well.

All of these items fit inside a pair of Wrangler Boot cut jeans very comfortably.  I don't have a big pouch on my belt or anything like that to make me look like Batman (Or OFG :P )

So, what do you all carry everyday???

- Wallet - driver's licence, credit cards, library card, blood donor card, etc

- at least one folding pocket knife (Buck Redpoint, Buck Summit or Leatherman Crater)

- chapstick

- bandanna

- FitBit

- Road ID

- Watch

- paracord bracelet

- Keys on carabiner key chain and steel belt loop

- Daily Devotional book

- notebook and pen

- Cell phone

In my Nite-eyze Batman Utility Pouch:

- Leatherman Sidekick

- Mini-MagLight

- Light My Fire ferro rod

Pictured in no particular order (Except the coffee is first of course LOL).

Coffee!!!!

Casio Twin Sensor Watch

Leatherman Charge ALX (With bit kit): This one has the blasting cap crimp which turns out to be perfect for crimping Coax Heads), I’ve had this tool for many years now and it’s done some massive heavy duty stuff I never would have thought it would survive.

Sitemark flashlight: (Actually an overbuilt gun light but I carry it as a pocket light), 190 Lumens and tough as nails. (Not as fancy as some of the newer lights but it works for me).

Galaxy S4 phone: in super tough Trident Kraken case. (I kill phones quick, hard on em, and this case is all but bulletproof).

Butane lighter makes quick work of stuff that needs burnt.

Survivor 64 Gig USB memory stick: Encrypted data with documentation, and critical docs for work and home.

CRKT M21 Folder with Veff serrations. For when you really need to cut stuff. Best EDC folder around, easy open (Flipper), tough as all hell, holds an edge like crazy and those veff “Sharks Teeth” Serrations make short work of stuff other serrations won’t touch.

Just received this little Leatherman C33t knife, it has some nice minimalistic features, good blade, built in screwdriver bit (Easier to use than the leatherman) and a built in carabiner clip to stick it on whatever gear I am using at the time. So far I like it. (only had it for a couple days now)

Last but not least, my keychain. Aside from the gamut of keys, it includes a SAK Trecker, a P38 and a fire steel.

I know I have a lot of redundancy in multitools/knives, but over the last 20+ years, these have turned out to be the things I rely on the most.  there is no 1 perfect knife/tool so this gives enough variety to cover all the bases.

Not pictured as I can't carry at work is the xD 9 SubCompact

PocketDump_zps8da7fca7.jpg

Leatherman core

folding pocket knife

small bic lighter

cell phone.

watch

and I have a small light and a p-38 can opener on my keychain. 

I hate carrying a bunch of crap in my pockets.

The one thing we all have in common is a cell phone. These things are taking over our lives

true greene, as much as I hate them I am as addicted as anyone.  mostly I like being able to travel anywhere and not have to look at a map. type your destination and go.  I could live without it which im sure will happen someday) I don't rely on it. and I never will but its damn convenient.

Whenever I go out to eat it seems like everyone has their smartphone sitting on the table. They are probably texting each other. The reason they are so addicting is because they are so convenient. A cell phone is just a small handheld computer that makes phone calls.

Whenever I go out to eat it seems like everyone has their smartphone sitting on the table. They are probably texting each other. The reason they are so addicting is because they are so convenient. A cell phone is just a small handheld computer that makes phone calls.

yep. I like mine, but ill never consider it a survival device. yeah it might be able to summons help in a situation but im not a fan of relying on technology for reference when you need it, it might not work at that moment your relying on it. I think its better to go out and practice the skills you need. learn from experience and create the confidence to rely on what you know rather than a pda, or memory stick of info you might not be able to access.  not any different than reading a book on survival skills and thinking you know everything you need to know.