WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Hornet perhaps you should get the number for the closest fire dep... and call them directly  :whistle:

No just going through 911 and telling them where it is located and the nearest FD is ok. Depends on situation also and if anyone is hurt. Short story...Three years back a group of high school kids decided to go out and get messed up at the beach then drive home smashed out of their minds. Well they didn't know it was going to be the worse fog of the year. They mised the jog in the road at a high rate of speed and slammed between to large Gfather Oaks. My wife and I were sound asleep untill we heard the screeching of the tires and the loud impact of the vechile. Into my jeans I jumped and down the stairs with the wife in hot pursuit. We looked for 30 min. and found nothing...the Sheriff finally found them when the fog lifted slightly. Two dead 1 critical. No smoke, lights, horn or anything just silence. Neighbors came out from 2 blocks away but no one found them until a hour after the accident. That was one long night.

The is truly a horrible thing to have happen.  Knowing they were there and you could not see them. What a helpless feeling.

I have been severely sunburned before and agree with LOST.  As much clear cold water as you can muster.  If you can just sit and soak in a tub...do that.  One thing I have used is brew up a strong tea, let cool and apply.  Another time I severely burned 2 fingers with concentrated mixed acid (hydrochloric, sulfuric, and nitric) at about 130 Celsius.  It hurt so bad that to get back to my dorm I had to use cold water drinking fountains in buildings to numb it until I could get to the next building.  When I got back to the room, I emptied my hot pot, put some ice in, filled with water, and just soaked those fingers for hours.  Slept the night with my fingers in the pot.  A couple of days later, they turned black.  No, not gangrene like I thought...but a result of the nitric acid.  They healed without a scar.  Funny side note, did a tournament (it was my release hand) and kept flipping blood from the scabs all over my white archery team uniform.  Did not notice this until someone pointed it out....grin.

I've been sunburned on my back so bad that it blistered , and i had third degree burns on my right arm from my wrist to my elbow from boiling hot power sterring fluid , but i've only had minor burns from fire. My mom used to have a aloe plant and the gell from the inside of the leaves are great for burns.

My mom used to have a aloe plant and the gell from the inside of the leaves are great for burns.

Aloe is wonderful, also great for scrapes and cuts. I think there is another plant that's good for burns also but it's name escapes me and I'll have to look it up.

Guest smallgamehunter

thats why i keep a tube of sulfadene ointment in my first aid kit

Guest smallgamehunter

the stuff i use clears most any burn up to severe 2nd degree in 4 days