WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Have you ever burned yourself while trying to make a fire, or maintain one? I have this burn on my ankle because of a wrong step I once made.

This where I use my multy-tool the most, to handle hot pans, grills and such, with the plyers, otherwise it stays in the pocket of my pack.

If a minor, but painful burn happens, the best thing is to get "clean" cold water on it and keep it running on it for a few minutes. Then there are natural ointments that help; the aloe plant and plantain are both good for burns.

Plantain is good for burns ? Really, I never knew that. That is a very plentiful weed where I live. Thanks for the tip.

I've never gotten seriously burned, I did get burned once trying to light a match, the sulfer part got stuck to my finger while it burned.

I remember seeing one of my friends getting burned while trying to burn an end of a piece of cordage the hot plastic casing stuck to his finger....OUCH !

Man, I have been burned more times than I care to think about. Luckily nothing bad. I actually have 2 on me right now. Small blisters. But the worse I have ever been burnt wann't even by fire. It was the sun. I ended up with second degree burns on my legs that got infected and it was a mess. I couldn't even walk. I still have scars. That was the worst!

Actually, I remember you telling me a story Machine on how you got burned on you wood stove.....it is fire related....so I thought it would be relevant. I have been lucky not to get burned on mine yet. :)

Heck yeah, I still have scars from that too. It burned me so bad it actually was bleeding. THAT HURT! Just another scar for the collection!

Burn wounds hurt really bad.. and for a long time. THey leave traces behind too. Fire is not something to play with ;)

True, But I just can't help playing with fire. I actually just made one a little while ago. :D

I'll bet the fire department patrols your neighborhood all the time between the fire and the knives. ;)

the Fire dep moved their HQ across the road from you Machine - to lower the patrolling costs :lol:

You all are too funny. :D You know me well.

You know...it is funny. There is a fire station about 1 mile from me. Here is the kicker. It doesn't cover my town. They wouldn't respond to me.

Now that's scary! I know about someone who can move your house down closer to the fire department if you would like. :D

Move a house? I think I saw something like this somtimes. It could help the fire dep. :)

to take the pain out of burns put laundry bleach on it, the pain will disapear instantly (dont try this with severe burns) works well with first degree burns.

Laundry bleach ? That's fascinating. How did you come across trying that ? I've heard that this "old school" ointment called Ungentine works pretty well. Has anyone ever heard of it ?

I use it. By the gallon. :D My mom gets it and she gives it to me. Works great on sunburns also. Good stuff.

Guest adrenjunky

I have been burned. Getting over two one to my wrist and one to my back. When you go into them it happens from time to time. The burn on my back is from steam and I don't know what happened to my wrist. Went back to the house took a shower and there it was.

But hey I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I have been burned. Getting over two one to my wrist and one to my back. When you go into them it happens from time to time. The burn on my back is from steam and I don't know what happened to my wrist. Went back to the house took a shower and there it was.

But hey I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Scars make for good stories AJ. The more you have, the longer you get to talk. :D

Guest adrenjunky

:hugegrin: :hugegrin: :hugegrin: And chicks dig 'em  :devil:

Machine I have the same problem with our fire dept. I live in the northwest corner of my county. The county FD is 6 miles away and the next county FD is 1 mile away. We have to request the closer FD to be dispatched. When we call 911 it really gets the operator confused. They usually try to send someone from a third county!  :woot: We have a jog in the road close to the house that eats alot of careless drivers at all hours of the night. Yes that is me directing traffic in my pj's at 3 in the morning.  :lol: