WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Holly

Favorite Quotes That Impact Your Life...

Guest Lead Dog

There is a quote from the movie Iron Will that I am particularly fond of.  "Trust the dogs.  Trust yourself.  And when you come to face the thing you fear, let the Creator guide you."

Guest adrenjunky

It's my signature but still my fav.

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.” Ambrose Redmoon

One of my personal favorites is "That which does not kill me makes me stronger." by Friedrich Nietzsche.  I tell myself this whenever I feel overwhelmed.  And it's fun to quote it at work whenever we get really busy because it makes my co-workers laugh.

Another favorite is my signature line.  "Wherever you go, go with all your heart." by Confucius.  To me, this means that in whatever I do, I am to give it my best effort.  And wherever I go, I am to go with an open mind and an open heart, to experience it fully. 

This one made me cry.  Yeah, crusty Ole Unca...

It was told to a group of guys by somebody I had carried to safety who had been badly wounded in a firefight, and he was talking about me.  He said:

"No soldier is so brave as he who stands his ground."

(*snif*)  (*snok*)

I love that one, Unca Walt.  I feel a little sniffly too after reading that. What a tribute!  :salute:

Guest Lead Dog

It's my signature but still my fav.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. Ambrose Redmoon

I really like this one.

I saw this one the other day and it made think of our forum, with members from all over the world!

"Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries." ~ Jimmy Carter

Guest taken by the wind...

~ " Hitting the ground is 1/2 the battle. It's better than being flung into space"   -- Super Squirrel      :rofl: :rofl:

"When on fire, Stop, drop and roll. Oh, and Feel free to scream as well."  -- Super Squirrel       :thumbsup:

"Mind the caution tape"  -- Super Squirrel   LOL!  (when anyone approaches him...)

"Whenever possible, I try not to be blantly stupid" - MrCoffee

"Some people are like Slinky's: They aren't good for anything, but the thought of pushing them down the stairs brings a smile to your face" -Author Unknown

"I'm in shape: Round is a shape isnt it?" - Garfield

These 2 are by far my favorite ones, as they match with what I believe in:

1. "Pain is weakness leaving the body. Flow with it." (Unknown Traceur)

2. “My Pa used to say that when corruption is visited upon the cities of men, the mountains and the deserts await him. The cities are for money but the high-up hills are purely for the soul.” Louis L’Amour

~ "Always keep one eye on the path ahead, one eye on the path behind, and both eyes on the sky... When you're a ground squirrel, trouble can come from any direction!"  (Trooper Max the ground squirrel)  B)

"If young'uns would ask How instead of why all the time, they'd learn twice as much four times faster!"  Mr. Swede, the beaver...  :P

" They think they own things because they are arrogant." LOST the red oak (talking about people.)

" We can only follow our intuition one moment at a time."  The Mudcat.

"You should always pay attention to your dreams..."  Holly the duck...

You guys are just full of wisdom!  :kiss: :hug:

~ "What we do in life, echos in eternity."  Maximus (Gladiator).

" Todays mighty oak, was yesterdays nut that held it's ground."  (not sure.)

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

The courage to change the things I can

The wisdom to know the difference.

In the book where wisdom prevails, a man prayed for wisdom from his creator.  That was King Solomon, who said,

"A wise person will listen and take in more instruction, and a man of understanding is the one who acquires skillful direction..."

~ "What we do in life, echos in eternity."  Maximus (Gladiator).

Like that one very much, but I doubt Maximus said it ;)

I mean the real Maximus, not the one in the movie.

"Real men don't fear flirty hearts/mushy stuff"  ~  MrCoffee

:thumbsup:  :cheers: :clap:

"The journey is what brings us happiness, not the destination." Dan Miller- Way of the Peaceful Warrior

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step" 

"When you hit rock bottom, grab a chisel." Zac Kohn (Traceur)

The howl of the wolf, the owl in the night, the bugle of the elk in the hills, the loon on the lake, the migrating geese,and the whispering wind in the pines, the waves hitting the shore and water over the falls are the sounds across time itself. It is there that my ashes will be scattered and I will be home for eternity.  ~ Me

This was a least five years ago. I had started smoking again after having quit for three years. I'm at the bar with a coworker (who was and still is a smoker) and he tells me "Pete, smoking is a tough train to get off of once it it gets moving, get off now!". 

There are three kinds of men: Those that learn by reading. Those that learn by observation. And the rest of us, that have to pee on the electric fence for ourselves.

There's two quotes that have guided me and reminded me of where I came from, both from Friedrich Nietzsche (though the second one was hijacked by a popular song)

Anything done out of love is beyond good and evil

Our scars remind us that the past is real

cool14.gif

this statement is very strong...

....Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day

....Show a man "How To' fish, and he will feed himself and others forever....

strong....you bet !!  8|

no...I did not invent this ... I saw it somewhere... long ago...

Have a pleasent day showing  and sharing with others what you know !

Woodman