WildSurvive Forum
outofdoors

Pics of your BOV.(survival Vehicle)

here you can post pics of you vehicle that you use for your outdoor adventures.

I'll start,

Its a 1998 Chevrolet S-10 ZR2

HPIM0396.jpg

and at night all lit up

HPIM0399.jpg

there are also two lamps that face backwards to illuminate the tailgate and the area surrounding the back of my truck, great for backing up with the camper shell on the back.

I like that luggage rack on your topper. Ive got a 2002 s10 Zr2 and I love it. Ill get a picture.

f250v10superduty4dooracgi5.jpg

It is a 2004 F-250 Super Duty V-10 Super Crew.  We decided for something larger in order to haul a trailer later on.

Tires are one of the upcoming changes when these are worn down.  A lift to accomodate bigger springs, etc. You get the idea.  More interior cap work to maximize storage and comfort will be a project for the summer.  As is it will sleep six very comfortably and secure provisions as well.  Skid plate and front bush guard, as well as tail light guards are also in the works.

The lighting idea is nice but we may not go that route as we have a huge light that is portable for emergencies.

lost i will measure some ground clearance tomorrow,

and also there are a lot of places to mount lights, backup ones are real easy, mount one under the bumper, just behind the bumper. Have a toggle switch under the dash and wala, nice bright 115 wat light.

Mods on my truck, Larger tires and wider rims, removed part of the fender flairs to allow for more wheel clearence, along with part of the air dam, Airaid intake and throttle body spacer to increase lowend performance, along with fuel mileage.  the roof rack, with spare tire mount to allow more ground clearance under the rear end.  And 6 axillary lights.  And as of today a hi lift jack for that chance of being stuck somewhere and can use it for multiple things.  Oh and a shovel on the roof rack.  A cb radio with weather stations.  Future mods include a possible suspension lift (maybe) this truck is my dd and i am planning on buying a larger vehicle with more power as my bov in the future.  The way it sits it is a very capable vehicle and still road worthy.  So i believe it will stay the way it is for the most part other than a new bumper up front so i can add some more lights and add two more recovery points. Never have enough solid reliable points to hook up to.

Thanks for the compliments.

Matt

Guest Lead Dog

OOD, any rocker protection on that bad boy?  It is hard to tell with the black paint.  Or is that planned for the future?

soon very soon i am making a custom set of sliders for it, one of the guys at work is getting a tubing bender so i am making some sliders when he gets it. they should be more than beefy enough to protect the rockers.

Come on ld i wanna see your ride.

Jeese you could have given me a link.

Wiil do it Outdoors.(or any where else for that matter)  :P

Lost i finally had the time to go out and work on my truck again, and it is 16 inches of clearance at the frame and 24 inches at the front bumper and 20 inches at the rocker panels.  So not alot but enough for most places.

Like sptez said - here is my vehicle for the off-road http://www.shoeimages.com/images/news/2006/01/stry_full_asics_gel-kinsei_bot.jpg

:D

Well I really like your trucks, they look awesome. Can you sleep in them? Do you have some interior pictures?  :yawn:

If I had the money I would get myself a Toyota Land Cruiser or a Land Rover Defender.

I would apply some tuning and I would get the best car for long trips.

land-rover-defender-mudding.jpg

LOST your truck is HUGE.

And nice tires OOD.

Here's mine!  100K and the mice are still running under the hood...  :woot: :rofl:

myridetoworkni2.jpg

Dodge Neon

Here's what I want to get...

fordub1.png

Ford Escape XLT

LOL!!!  Thank you, Bravo!  I really do like the Land Rovers.  I see many of them here in Charlotte.  Those, and Hummers.  Don't know why anyone needs a Hummer around here, I guess it's a big status symbol right now.

Yes there are 2 Hummers in my city too. They must belong to some rich kids... can't blame them. If I had the money I would probably be driving one myself :D

Guest Lead Dog

Bravo, I like your taste in off-road vehicles.  I like the Defenders, even though they are not imported to the US anymore.  Land Rover doesn't have the best reputation for reliability however.  The Land Cruiser is a sweet ride, on the other hand. :thumbsup:

Here is my beast.  Sorry the pic isn't that great.

wildsurvivecommanderah9.jpg

And I like your taste in off-road vehicles too!

That is the best looking Jeep I ever saw :) Never seen one here. Could you post more pictures with it? Interior too?

I wish you and your Jeep safe roads and long mileage!

Guest Lead Dog

I'll try to take some this weekend.

Guest taken by the wind...

.~ Awsome Off-road pics! I don't really have anything that goes off-road. I haven't had the need to drive there yet.

Nice Rig Woods.

I just sold my Bronco II which was our BOV for a few years. Currently I am driving a Durango (which is very upset at me for the roads in Canada) which is being moved to our BOV once I find another daily driver I like.