WildSurvive Forum
outofdoors

Pics of your BOV.(survival Vehicle)

Well...........

Ok I've got it all drawn up in my head. We can go with some one tons so your 40's won't break axles left and right. I'm thinking we can change up the gear ratio for fuel mileage but it may hurt you on the offroad torque you may need. Of coarse we may have to fabricate some frame work to use the one ton axles and accommodate for the lift. While we are in fab mode we can make a drop plate for the divorced transfer case we will need for the four wheel assist. Which will help level out your custom made drive shafts. (This is getting expensive quick!) Maybe even slap on a tube rear bumper that doubles as an air tank and a custom front winch bumper. I'll let you pick the winch since everyone has their opinions.

That will get us started anyway.....

:D

:love:

Well...........

Ok I've got it all drawn up in my head. We can go with some one tons so your 40's won't break axles left and right. I'm thinking we can change up the gear ratio for fuel mileage but it may hurt you on the offroad torque you may need. Of coarse we may have to fabricate some frame work to use the one ton axles and accommodate for the lift. While we are in fab mode we can make a drop plate for the divorced transfer case we will need for the four wheel assist. Which will help level out your custom made drive shafts. (This is getting expensive quick!) Maybe even slap on a tube rear bumper that doubles as an air tank and a custom front winch bumper. I'll let you pick the winch since everyone has their opinions.

That will get us started anyway.....

:D

i love you man  :love: but only in a man that knows his 4wd sh*t kind of way.  lol

Oh well.... Um... Thanks!

I actually am liking the idea of the new new Razor BOV! Lol can't say you didn't imagine it! Ha ha ha

i dont know why they dont make more 4wd minivans. best of all worlds in my opinion. lol

Well I finally replaced my little red Toyota Tacoma that got totaled a few weeks ago.

761146a7-6c45-4caf-ba99-631730b3dde0_zpsfeb0378f.jpg

I really wanted to replace it with a Toyota Tundra, but everyone likes them so much that they were not willing  to agree on a price that I was willing to pay. So after driving several different trucks, I finally settled on this one. This is my first Dodge product so we will see how it goes. So far though I really like it!

I wouldn't want a truck without four wheel drive. One of the selling points I liked about this one was that it actually had the manual transfer case instead of the push button or knob type. I got stuck in the woods one time because of a solenoid that went out  on my S10 push button 4x4 once. The electric ones are just something else to go bad.

I'll be interested to see how well the Dodge holds up for you.

Do you know something I don't know? The one thing that really worries me about the Dodge Rams is I hear they have transmission issues. The funny thing is I know a lot of people who drive them, but have not had any problems. I checked reviews on them and really didnt find any thing that stuck out. I guess I will just have to see.

Do you know something I don't know? The one thing that really worries me about the Dodge Rams is I hear they have transmission issues. The funny thing is I know a lot of people who drive them, but have not had any problems. I checked reviews on them and really didnt find any thing that stuck out. I guess I will just have to see.

Personally, I've not had good experiences with Chrysler products. Had a number of near new rentals with stuff falling off already. Had a Sebring convertible with less than 3,000 miles and the truck latch wouldn't engage.

I recently replaced my BOV with a different version.  My previous Tacoma (2007 Access Cab, i4, long bed) was totaled this summer when a lady decided that stop signs were optional and blew through an intersection in front of me.  I was lucky to walk away (seat belts and air bags are good things...)

IMG_1362.thumb.JPG.da2228253e71d1a248558267e3df2ee0.JPG

Here is the replacement: 2010 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner.  I opted again for a two wheel drive, but this one has a double cab, v6 and a foot shorter bed.  With the beating my last on took and I was able to walk away, there really was not much choice in the matter.

TacoNov2016.thumb.jpg.92dfe15ea8a04ac18f84d3207b470030.jpg