WildSurvive Forum

Woo shes hot. :naughty:

I better give her some mouth to mouth :hugegrin:

She dont look liks shes knocked up. 8|

I dont know either Blue I was hoping someone could tell me. :blush:

Ive read some discussion that panty hose will keep excess blood from pooling in your legs during extended hikeing. :unsure:

Fear - For anyone faced with a wilderness emergency survival situation, fear is a normal reaction. Unless an emergency situation has been anticipated, fear is generally followed by--------

Some experts suggest seven different problems arise. How many can you name?

Panic, pain, cold, thirst, hunger, fatigue, boredom and lonliness? They teach that in SERE.

I had a "Gunny" in the military that told me once:

Courage is the ability to perform your duties properly when you are scared out of your wits.

I've always like that.

I dont know either Blue I was hoping someone could tell me. :blush:

Ive read some discussion that panty hose will keep excess blood from pooling in your legs during extended hikeing. :unsure:

There's some truth to this. I wear pantyhose-like material on my forearms when I race enduros in cold weather. It reduces a symptom called "arm pump". It's where your forearms have so much blood in the forearms the muscle expands beyond the membrane's capacity and you quickly lose strength. By wearing these "arm socks" it regulates blood flow reducing arm pump.

That is exactly correct Rocky on the question. ::)

I think HazeyWolf told me he saw in hoods hoodlums that Ron wears a pair of panty hose. My wife says they put leg socks on patients to keep blood build up in their legs and it helps to prevent blood clots.

Good job Rocky. :thumbsup: :salute:

You've decided to build an emergency survival kit for your home.Assuming you will have some shelter name five basic items to include in your kit. This should be the top most important and not your private collection of playboy or your makeup kit. :P

Water

Food

First Aid Supplies (Flashlight, Personal Meds, OTC Meds, etc.)

Means of Sanitation Deposit and Disposition (Includes TP)

Source of Heat (Candle Latterns, Matches, Blankets, Sleeping Bags, Plastic Sheeting, Duct Tape, etc.)

Your hiking and you come upon a porcupine. The animal has it quills standing up. Do you........................

A. Speak to the porcupine in a calmin voice.

B. Back away slowly.

C. Walk away at a normal pace.

D. Get behind a tree in case the porcupine throws its quills.

Any of the above. None of the actions will endanger you, and any of the actions will be either entertaining or non-threatening. Porcupines are not agressive unless threatened directly and at very close proximity. Its the "tail swat" that you need to be wary of.

They say walk away at a normal pace because (what you said) any of the answeres are good except D. They cant throw their quills.

So that is correct Blue. :thumbsup:

By "entertaining" I was referring to "D"! If you've ever seen a porky swat that tail with lightening quick speed, you can understand why people believe they throw their quills.

You've been wadeing in water and you notice a few leeches stuck to you legs. What do you do..................

A. Pour salt on them.

B. Use a finger nail to detach them.

C. Grasp the mid section and lift the leeche up.

D. Use a lighter to burn them off.

EEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!!  I hate leeches!  And worms!  Yucky!!!

Okay, I would guess "C" is the right thing to do.  I know in the movies, the tough guys always burn them off with a cigarette, but with a lighter?  :woot: :rofl:  I wanna see THAT! 

The best answer is B.

Never burn, squeeze, pull or pour salt on a leech to get it off. It may regurgitate bacteria from its gut back into the wound and cause infection. Push the leech sideways with your finger to make him lose his suction grip. Leeches have two suckers>one to suck blood and another to hold on. As soon as the leech lets loose his blood sucker(the narrow end of his body) flick him off with you finger.

A "Quin-Zhee" is also known as..................

A. Quonset hut.

B. Dome Tent.

C. Snow shelter.

D. Lean-to.