WildSurvive Forum
Swede

Whats this

Whoa, wat kind of lens did you use for that picture OFG??    :rofl:

The first two, just the standard lens on my digital camera.  On the last one....sorry, but that information is classified.

It isnt the lens your using but the place your standing to take the picture.

Is it moose piss?

Swede's burial ground?  happy097.gif

Beneath this stone all stiff and hard is the last dam cat that caught a bird in my yard.

Walmart. 4.99 smaller isobutane canister. I have the optimus crux. Basically the same but a little more compact.  What brand is that swede. Im curiouse too 

Amazon is where I found it.  Ultralight Backpacking Canister Camp Stove with Piezo Ignition 3.9oz!  All I can find is JOGR as the supplier from China.

Found these on the hike this afternoon (Kim - I already showed you these, so you can't play this time.  :grin:).  What are they?

What could these be used for in a survival situation?

What1.jpg.a202c20c692cac0645b81d3045dd22d1.jpg

What2.jpg.e02b1153346338a88ec8bffda9e706cb.jpg

They look like onions, but I thought onions were like tubers and only grew in the ground.

These are above ground and definitely not onions, but yes, they do look like onions.

arnt they bugs. a worm grows in it. the worms can be used for fish bait and the nest can be ground up into tinder inside its shell (even in wet conditions)to take a spark.

I am no sure what kind, but an insect will lay an egg in the stem of a plant. The larva will irritate the plant, causing it to form the "bubble" around the larva, which will continue to eat and grow, which in turn enlarges the bubble.

If you cut this open in late summer, you can find the larva, but it is tiny, probably not good for bait.  I have not tried this as tinder, but it is very "pithy" and light.  I think there would be a lot better tinder to be found.  These do not dry out until after the larva has left.

After the larva matures, it will burrow out and fly away, leaving a small hole in the bulb. 

What could you use this for? (Razor, you are on the right track with fishing.)

i have used them successfully for tinder. Ive never used them for bait but ill bet if you had a small enough hook (Ive seen the worm) you could catch bait, and then use that bait to catch bigger fish. lol

lol, a bobber

There ya go.

LOL ..ask Kim. We cut one open when were on a walk at Swede's during Farmageddon, and the larva is tiny, not much larger than a grain of rice.