WildSurvive Forum

I looked into making one of these didnt do it right the first time did some unusal way have some idea of what i did wrong. I am going to try the penny alcohol stove.

http://www.csun.edu/~mjurey/penny.html

Just need to go get some Heineken. Ill post pics once i get it done.

another option (if you have a little more time) is to take some corragated cardboard, roll it up like a cinnamon bun, and stick it into an empty clean tuna can.  Pour some melted paraffin over it, add some matches or other wick material (cloth will do... natural fibres) and let it all solidify together.  It's not pretty, but it will give you a nice flame for quiet some time.

I finally made one of these!  I just don't have any denatured alchohol, and isopropyl does not seem to work well.  (I haven't tried the higher % yet, just the 70%)

Has anyone tried any alternate fuels for this stove?  Or does anyone have any ideas?  It seems like the best fuel is denatured alchohol, but I was trying to think of something I'd be more likely to carry on my person.

I have made many of these.  I have used Heet, 70% and 90%...they have worked well.  I have also used Germ X (Purel) hand sanitizer.  It was VERY hard to get lit, but once it was lit, it was ok. 

Has anyone tried any alternate fuels for this stove?  Or does anyone have any ideas? 

I too would be interested in this my friend.