WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HazeyWolf

International Incident Maps and Information

Guest HazeyWolf

The Global Incident Map:   http://www.globalincidentmap.com/home.php

"This free public service website was created to give the public, law enforcement, military, and government individuals a new way to visualize, and become instantly aware of terrorism and security incidents across the world...While this website employs much automation, the news gathering itself is not automated - news items are located, reviewed, and manually entered into the database...Immediately below the map there is a scrolling list of the most recently added incidents - click an item of interest to get to the full incident description and links to related news items, as well as a more precise satellite/map image...This page automatically reloads every 420 seconds." Users may search by type of incident, country, date/time and city."

- NPR on the Media interview with Morgan Clements, founder and publisher of the Global Incident Map: http://www.onthemedia.org/transcripts/2007/04/27/04

8|  Wow!  Look how quiet Russia is!  I'll bet Tom Clancy is bored out of his head...

I have looked at this map several different times in the past and 2 things I have noticed is the number of occurances are adding up pretty quick and most of the occurance are in the eastern half of the US. I realize there is higher concentrations of people here in the east and that should be expected, but it still makes you think.