WildSurvive Forum
Woodsman

Inspirational Quotes

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way, when you criticize them,

you're a mile away and you have their shoes.>Ima Wiseass

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead.

Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow.

Do not walk beside me either.

Just pretty much leave me the hell alone. > Ima Wiseass

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is probably not for you.> Ima Wiseass

Give her two red roses, each with a note.

The first note says:  For the woman I love.

The second note:  For my best friend.

anonymous

If you resist reading what you disagree with, how will you ever acquire deeper insights into what you believe? The things most worth reading are precisely those that challenge our convictions.

Anonymous

Always remember that you're unique.  Just like everyone else. SURVIVOR GUY

At the celebration of his 65th birthday on January 8, 2007, Dr. Stephen Hawking announced his plans for a zero-gravity flight in 2007 to prepare for a sub-orbital spaceflight in 2009 on Virgin Galactic’s space service. Billionaire Richard Branson pledged to pay all expenses for the flight, costing an estimated £100,000.  Stephen Hawking’s zero-gravity flight in a "Vomit Comet" of Zero Gravity Corporation, during which he experienced weightlessness eight times, took place on April 26, 2007.

He became the first quadriplegic to float free in a weightless state. This was the first time in 40 years that he moved freely beyond the confines of his wheelchair. The fee is normally US$3,750 for 10-15 plunges, but Hawking was not required to pay the fee. A bit of a futurist,  Hawking was quoted before the flight saying:

"Many people have asked me why I am taking this flight. I am doing it for many reasons. First of all, I believe that life on Earth is at an ever increasing risk of being wiped out by a disaster such as sudden nuclear war, a genetically engineered virus, or other dangers. I think the human race has no future if it doesn’t go into space. I therefore want to encourage public interest in space."

Nurk's comment, "What excuse do any of us have?"

If he is so smart how come he hasn't designed a cheap space shuttle - with cheap or regenerating fuel to take us there?

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative

on the same night. Fred Shitthebed.

If he is so smart how come he hasn't designed a cheap space shuttle - with cheap or regenerating fuel to take us there?

Not really his area of expertise, but if they ever do discover faster-than-lightspeed travel, you can almost bet his equations will be in there somehow.

Here's one I think Swede will like:

The need for change bulldozed a road down the center of my mind.

Maya Angelou (1928 - )

Apropos for survival and preparedness:

There is no such thing as luck. There is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe.

Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Google "The Notebooks of Lazarus Long" for a bunch of good sayings.

Time is not a friend of mine. I used to dream of growing old now I dream of being young.

Among prominent philosophers, there are two distinct viewpoints on time. One view is that time is part of the fundamental structure of the universe, a dimension in which events occur in sequence. Sir Isaac Newton subscribed to this realist view, and hence it is sometimes referred to as Newtonian time. The opposing view is that time does not refer to any kind of "container" that events and objects "move through", nor to any entity that "flows", but that it is instead part of a fundamental intellectual structure (together with space and number) within which humans sequence and compare events. This second view, in the tradition of Gottfried Leibniz and Immanuel Kant,holds that time is neither an event nor a thing, and thus is not itself measurable.

Time is something of which we have very little. SURVIVOR GUY

Aren't you beginning to feel time gaining on you? It's like a predator. It's stalking you. Oh, you can try and outrun it with doctors, medicines, new technologies, but in the end, time is going to hunt you down and make the kill.

Star Trek "Generations"  Dr. Tolian Soran

Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

Star Trek "Generations"  Jean Luc Piccard

Inspired by the Delmore Schwartz poem, "Calmly We Walk Through This April's Day"

Oh yah Nuker I feel it in my bones and joints and back every single day now. What I used to be able to do is now just a memory and even thats failing.

Oh well kay sarah sarah what will be will be.

Thanks Nuker.

I know what you mean Swede.  Stuff hurts that I didn't even know I had.  But hey, pain tells us that we are alive.  I'm just very thankful for ibuprofen, aspirin, acetaminophen, and the veritable army of more severe painkillers that modern medicine can pull out of its hat.

"The River" by Garth Brooks............Listen.........enjoy.........LIVE.........enough said

You know a dream is like a river

Ever changin as it flows

And a dreamers just a vessel

That must follow where it goes

Trying to learn from whats behind you

And never knowing whats in store

Makes each day a constant battle

Just to stay between the shores.

(chorus)

And I will sail my vessel

til the river runs dry

Like a bird upon the wind