WildSurvive Forum
Woodsman

Inspirational Quotes

By Ida Scott Taylor

Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone;

and do not be troubled about the future,

for it has yet to come.

Live in the present,

and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.

I love this one, nurkerool. :yes:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things that I can not change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And the wisdom, to hide the bodies of the people that piss me off.

The difference between fiction and real is that fiction has to make sense.

Heres a few...........................

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. 

Theodore Roosevelt

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt

Believe you can and you're halfway there.

Theodore Roosevelt 

Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.

Theodore Roosevelt

Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Theodore Roosevelt 

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.

Theodore Roosevelt 

In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything.

Theodore Roosevelt

To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.

Theodore Roosevelt

And some more.........................

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me.

Abraham Lincoln

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.

Abraham Lincoln

I will prepare and some day my chance will come.

Abraham Lincoln

If there is anything that a man can do well, I say let him do it. Give him a chance.

Abraham Lincoln

If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.

Abraham Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.

Abraham Lincoln

What's the point of going out, we're just going to end up back here anyway?

Homer Simpson

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside.

-Stewie Griffin

When I can look life in the eyes,

grown calm and very coldly wise,

llife will have given me the truth,

and taken in exchange - my youth.

Sara Teasdale

The Call of The Wild

Night came on, and a full moon rose high over the trees into the sky, lighting the land till it lay bathed in ghostly day. And with the coming of the night, brooding and mourning by the pool, Buck came alive to a stirring of the new life in the forest other than that which the Yeehats had made. He stood up, listening and scenting. From far away drifted a faint, sharp yelp, followed by a chorus of similar sharp yelps. As the moments passed the yelps grew closer and louder. Again Buck knew them as things heard in that other world which persisted in his memory. He walked to the center of the open space and listened. It was the call, the many-noted call, sounding more luringly and compelling than ever before. And as never before, he was ready to obey. John Thornton was dead. The last tie was broken. Man and the claims of man no longer bound him.

And here may well end the story of Buck. The years were not many when the Yeehats noted a change in the breed of timber wolves; for some were seen with splashes of brown on head and muzzle, and with a rift of white centering down the chest. But more remarkable than this the Yeehats tell of a Ghost Dog that runs at the head of the pack. They are afraid of this Ghost Dog, for it has cunning greater than they, stealing from their camps in the fierce winters, robbing their traps, slaying their dogs, and defying their bravest hunters.

But he is not always alone. When the long winter nights come on and the wolves follow their meat into the lower valleys, he may be seen running at the head of the pack through the pale moonlight or glimmering borealis, leaping gigantic above his fellows, his great throat a-bellow as he sings a song of the younger world, which is the song of the pack.

Guest smallgamehunter

ask not what u can do for the navy but what the navy can do for u

my recruiter in 2000 when i went to sign up

"Uhh, I have an injury."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I have this great big crack in my butt."

Beavis & Butthead

:rofl:

Guest smallgamehunter

thats priceless holly

He pictured the boys finding his body next day. Suddenly he found himself with them, coming along the trail and looking for himself. And, still with them, he came around a turn in the trail and found himself lying in the snow. He did not belong with himself any more, for even then he was out of himself, standing with the boys and looking at himself in the snow. It certainly was cold, was his thought. When he got back to the States he could tell the folks what real cold was. He drifted on from this to a vision of the old-timer on Sulphur Creek. He could see him quite clearly, warm and comfortable, and smoking a pipe.

"You were right, old hoss; you were right," the man mumbled to the old-timer of Sulphur Creek.

Then the man drowsed off into what seemed to him the most comfortable and satisfying sleep he had ever known. The dog sat facing him and waiting. The brief day drew to a close in a long, slow twilight. There were no signs of a fire to be made, and, besides, never in the dog's experience had it known a man to sit like that in the snow and make no fire. As the twilight drew on, its eager yearning for the fire mastered it, and with a great lifting and shifting of forefeet, it whined softly, then flattened its ears down in anticipation of being chidden by the man. But the man remained silent. Later, the dog whined loudly. And still later it crept close to the man and caught the scent of death. This made the animal bristle and back away. A little longer it delayed, howling under the stars that leaped and danced and shone brightly in the cold sky. Then it turned and trotted up the trail in the direction of the camp it knew, where were the other food-providers and fire-providers.

Jack London "To build a fire"

Old Somali saying:

"Lie to a liar, for lies are his coin;

steal from a thief, for that is easy;

lay a trap for the trickster and catch him at the first attempt,

but beware of an honest man..."  as repeated by Louis L'Amour, The Walking Drum

"Anticipation is the carrot suspended before the jackass to keep him moving forward.  Horror is what he would see if he took his eyes from the carrot."  Louis L'Amour, The Walking Drum

"Yesterday's over my shoulder

so I can't look back for too long.

There's just too much to see, waiting in front of me

and I know that I just can't go wrong."

Jimmy Buffet - "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes".

great stuff guys

that story swede reminds me of when me and my sister would go into the woods with our German Shepard and sometimes got lost so we had the dog lead the way out worked everytime.