WildSurvive Forum
Nazgul

attacked by two dogs

it happended about 6 years ago...i was walking around the back of my home when a dog and his companion female (which had cubs) started to run in my  direction...i knew they were up to no good cause they have a bad reputation in the neighboughood. i panicked and i stood still...they started biting my feet the bigger dog on the left foot ...the female on the right...i finale realeased the left foot and kicked the female so hard she ran away...so i was now fighting the bigger dog ...that was biting my left foot ...i am a leftie kind of guy...so i couldn't kick him with the right foot very hard....so i looked for weak spots and while i was looking down on him he jumped and bit off 1 square cm off my face...i didn't realise that because i was very panicked...after he bit my face i lost my balance and hit the ground with the dog trying to bite my face...i was holding his mouth like this 524d3wl.jpg so he couldn't bite me (i had both my hand holding the dogs mouth like the right hand ...after the owner of the dog started screaming at the dog and he let me loose...that was so ilogical to me cause i didn't knew he would ever leave me alone ...so i got to the hospital with several wounds on feet and one on my face...the end

Wow... I got really lucky when a whole pack chased me...

Read the story - its here somewhere.

As some may have noticed - there is a problem with loose dogs here in Bucharest  :woot:

i did read the whole thing :D that's why i posted a story about my encounter with dogs

the thing is i was stupid enough not to run and that lead to a fight

Dogs run faster than humans, unless you are very fast and an escape route is very near, outrunning a dog or dogs will only make you tired, panicky, desperate, when they reach/hit you. Dogs are by nature, chasers and will give chase if only to have "fun". Try to place obstacles inbetween yourself and the dog(s) packsack, sticks, planks, baskets etc.... Once you decide to fight them off don't hesitate, be aggressive, deliberate and try to call out for attention and help. Consider a walking stick, cane etc.. as you normal carry.

i didn't have any of that around me at the time ...but there was a fence i could have jumped....don't know why i didn't

And you do parkour - a fence is a walk in the park :)

Yes it is hard to outrun a dog, but if you pretend to throw things at them they will keep distance. Of course we are talking about bored "skinny" dogs here. Not trained killers.

If there are one-two dogs you can scare them by attacking them first. But I met a dog once who was so aggressive, I haven't seen anything like that before. It was absolutely MAD, I was hitting him with the leg and didn't move, only tried to bite the foot as it hit him. So it wasn't the smartest dog in the class, but it was really mad at me for some reason.

Again I was not bitten. I had loads of dogs attacking me, none bite me, funny thing is that a dog which was playing with me (that stupid dog-favorite game of throw the stick) scratched my leg with his teeth and I had to take all those injections :D The irony..

And you do parkour - a fence is a walk in the park :)

6 years ago i had no ideea of parkour and having to deal with dogs that have cubs is not cool...i think only big rocks can stop them ...those that KILL  :guns:

Wow Nazgul, glad you got away without any more injury.  Still, I'd hate to think of what you'd have to do if the dog(s) didn't stop.

A lot of a dogs attack is the fear they instill. I've had a dog or two come at me while walking around town and being one to always carry a weapon of sort I've stood my ground and yelled/shouted as loud as I can... ready for the fight.  They've backed off but one day I'll have to follow through with my threat.

Gandar

I have a question.  Why is it that you hear about guys getting chased/bitten by dogs more than females?  I've never in my life been bitten by a dog, even "mean" ones loose in the neighborhood.  Oh.  Maybe it's because I always have food or candy in my pockets... :hugegrin: 

I imagine that men take the act of being even possibly attacked as a personal challenge, even at the subconscious level and the attack escalates into more than just a dispaly. Plus men are more apt to walk alone triggering the packs instinct at a solitary target.

For those who e-mailed,PM, thank you, I will be on every once in a while as i can. Bob  :thumbup: :box:

i guess dogs can feel something that makes a man ... A MAN and that is maybe a threat ...have you ever seen two dogs of the opposite sex fight ? i didn't

Maybe it's because we walk around "marking" their areas...  JOKING, I hope, well at least for me.

LOL!  It must definitely be a "guy" thing, Gandar.  I get SO mad at my husband for doing that very thing...