WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bigblue

Pork Chops for the Masses!!

d8pbkb5g0fw1.jpg

From CNN.com:

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Hogzilla is being made into a horror movie. But the sequel may be even bigger: Meet Monster Pig. An 11-year-old Alabama boy used a pistol to kill a wild hog his father says weighed a staggering 1,051 pounds and measured 9-feet-4 from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. Think hams as big as car tires.

If the claims are accurate, Jamison Stone's trophy boar would be bigger than Hogzilla, the famed wild hog that grew to seemingly mythical proportions after being killed in south Georgia in 2004.

Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 1,000 pounds and measure 12 feet in length. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 800 pounds and was 8 feet long.

Regardless of the comparison, Jamison is reveling in the attention over his pig, which has a Web site put up by his father—http://www.monsterpig.com —that is generating Internet buzz.

"It feels really good," Jamison, of Pickensville, said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."

Jamison, who killed his first deer at age 5, was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in east Alabama on May 3 when he bagged Hogzilla II. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50- caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.

Through it all there was the fear that the animal would turn and charge them, as wild boars have a reputation of doing.

"I was a little bit scared, a little bit excited," said Jamison, who just finished the sixth grade on the honor roll at Christian Heritage Academy, a small, private school.

His father said that, just to be extra safe, he and the guides had high-powered rifles aimed and ready to fire in case the beast with 5- inch tusks decided to charge.

With the pig finally dead in a creek bed on the 2,500-acre Lost Creek Plantation, a commercial hunting preserve in Delta, trees had to be cut down and a backhoe brought in to bring Jamison's prize out of the woods.

It was hauled on a truck to the Clay County Farmers Exchange in Lineville, where Jeff Kinder said they used his scale, which was recently calibrated, to weigh the hog.

Kinder, who didn't witness the weigh-in, said he was baffled to hear the reported weight of 1,051 pounds because his scale—an old, manual style with sliding weights—only measures to the nearest 10.

"I didn't quite understand that," he said.

Mike Stone said the scale balanced one notch past the 1,050-pound mark, and he thought it meant a weight of 1,051 pounds.

"It probably weighed 1,060 pounds. We were just afraid to change it once the story was out," he said.

The hog's head is now being mounted on an extra-large foam form by Jerry Cunningham of Jerry's Taxidermy in Oxford. Cunningham said the animal measured 54 inches around the head, 74 inches around the shoulders and 11 inches from the eyes to the end of its snout.

"It's huge," he said. "It's just the biggest thing I've ever seen."

Mike Stone is having sausage made from the rest of the animal. "We'll probably get 500 to 700 pounds," he said.

Jamison, meanwhile, has been offered a small part in "The Legend of Hogzilla," a small-time horror flick based on the tale of the Georgia boar. The movie is holding casting calls with plans to begin filming in Georgia.

Jamison is enjoying the newfound celebrity generated by the hog hunt, but he said he prefers hunting pheasants to monster pigs.

"They are a little less dangerous."

Had I encountered such a beast, my two choices would have been: Crap in pants, pull the trigger. Probably in that order too. HOLY CRAP that is a BIG PIG! I hope it isn't a hoax! I want to see all the deflated wanna-be's out there with thier fancy $1000 dollar cabela's "real wood" camo being out done by an 11-year old with a hand gun!

This kid totally out did my biggest kill!!!  :cool: :cool:

bigboubull23pointsbi5.jpg

Oh, and the hors'd oeuvres that evening.....

img0006nf5.jpg

Rocky - I saw the news piece on CNN with an interview of the kid and video of the pig with people standing around it providing scale. I'm always a bit leary of claims like this, but I think this one's real.

Rocky - I saw the news piece on CNN with an interview of the kid and video of the pig with people standing around it providing scale. I'm always a bit leary of claims like this, but I think this one's real.

Dang! I'm surprised there weren't media stories of missing livestock in the area! What did that thing eat!

Guest taken by the wind...

d8pbkb5g0fw1.jpg

From CNN.com:

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Hogzilla is being made into a horror movie. But the sequel may be even bigger: Meet Monster Pig. An 11-year-old Alabama boy used a pistol to kill a wild hog his father says weighed a staggering 1,051 pounds and measured 9-feet-4 from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. Think hams as big as car tires.

If the claims are accurate, Jamison Stone's trophy boar would be bigger than Hogzilla, the famed wild hog that grew to seemingly mythical proportions after being killed in south Georgia in 2004.

Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 1,000 pounds and measure 12 feet in length. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 800 pounds and was 8 feet long.

Regardless of the comparison, Jamison is reveling in the attention over his pig, which has a Web site put up by his fatherhttp://www.monsterpig.com that is generating Internet buzz.

"It feels really good," Jamison, of Pickensville, said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."

Jamison, who killed his first deer at age 5, was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in east Alabama on May 3 when he bagged Hogzilla II. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50- caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.

Through it all there was the fear that the animal would turn and charge them, as wild boars have a reputation of doing.

"I was a little bit scared, a little bit excited," said Jamison, who just finished the sixth grade on the honor roll at Christian Heritage Academy, a small, private school.

His father said that, just to be extra safe, he and the guides had high-powered rifles aimed and ready to fire in case the beast with 5- inch tusks decided to charge.

With the pig finally dead in a creek bed on the 2,500-acre Lost Creek Plantation, a commercial hunting preserve in Delta, trees had to be cut down and a backhoe brought in to bring Jamison's prize out of the woods.

It was hauled on a truck to the Clay County Farmers Exchange in Lineville, where Jeff Kinder said they used his scale, which was recently calibrated, to weigh the hog.

Kinder, who didn't witness the weigh-in, said he was baffled to hear the reported weight of 1,051 pounds because his scalean old, manual style with sliding weightsonly measures to the nearest 10.

"I didn't quite understand that," he said.

Mike Stone said the scale balanced one notch past the 1,050-pound mark, and he thought it meant a weight of 1,051 pounds.

"It probably weighed 1,060 pounds. We were just afraid to change it once the story was out," he said.

The hog's head is now being mounted on an extra-large foam form by Jerry Cunningham of Jerry's Taxidermy in Oxford. Cunningham said the animal measured 54 inches around the head, 74 inches around the shoulders and 11 inches from the eyes to the end of its snout.

"It's huge," he said. "It's just the biggest thing I've ever seen."

Mike Stone is having sausage made from the rest of the animal. "We'll probably get 500 to 700 pounds," he said.

Jamison, meanwhile, has been offered a small part in "The Legend of Hogzilla," a small-time horror flick based on the tale of the Georgia boar. The movie is holding casting calls with plans to begin filming in Georgia.

Jamison is enjoying the newfound celebrity generated by the hog hunt, but he said he prefers hunting pheasants to monster pigs.

"They are a little less dangerous."

It is true. That pic was in Saturday's paper at work! LOL. The boy goes to my friiend's church. He was out hunting with his Dad and some other guys. She works for us PRN on weekends. She lives near Montgomery. Anyway, she says she knows the kid and his father. She said that his dad is a good Christian man who is real active in church.

The new 500 Smith & Wesson Magnum® revolver is chambered for the new .50 caliber 500 Smith & Wesson Magnum® cartridge.

"The 500 Smith & Wesson Magnum is a natural progression of our leadership role in handgun development," said Roy Cuny, president and CEO of Smith & Wesson Corp. "Smith & Wesson has a strong customer contingency of hunting and shooting enthusiasts that are continually looking to us for innovation. We produced the original Magnum® revolver with the introduction of the .357 Magnum in 1935 and 20 years later amazed the shooting world with the .44 Magnum. Now in 2003, we have once again produced a premier hunting revolver with no equal."

The newly introduced 500 Smith & Wesson Magnum cartridge produces nearly three times the muzzle energy of the .44 Magnum round, which far exceeds all other handgun cartridges.

Based on orders to date from Smith & Wesson dealers, production on the new .50 caliber revolver has been increased. "The demand has far surpassed our original expectations," said Cuny.

Ive shot a 44 magnum revolver and its wise to hold the pistol with both hands. It looks from the picture that the boy is struggling just to hold it up let alone shooting it.

Also this revolver should hold five shells, He said he shot it eight times, so I guess he had to reload the pistol and keep shooting?????

~ Now Rumor has it that It was ALL a Hoax! LOL!  Supposedly, the Hog was farm-raised and released to be shot. (or something like that.)   

Maybe it was one of those hogs that I saw when I was little.......   that was trying to kill me.

8| 

Taken - I understand that the boy, his father, and a couple of "guides" were hunting on a private hunting reserve of some sort. I've never been to one of these "canned hunting" areas, but I believe they exist because they can offer their clients a chance to bag a trophy animal. I guess that means that raise their own stock of animals specifically to be trophy sized. So.... yeah, its kinda' like the hog was "farm-raised'.

Whatever the story, its still a pretty damn big hog!!

Guest HazeyWolf

I've been waiting to hear more about this most recent version of hogzilla... turns out, this was a "canned hunt" and the Hog was farm raised on  the Lost Creek Plantation and his name was "Fred".  Some of the photos appear photoshoped or use false perspective to create the illusion of greater size.  Big pig though. The Bama hunt boards have talked it to death, but the guide who led this "hunt" has been fun to read...

Supposedly, it took 3 hours to kill the boar using a Smith & Wesson customized .50 caliber revolver shooting 350 grain bullets. Approximately 16 shots hit the massive beast, some leaving fist size holes - the monster hog is reported to have run for approximately a mile. The 11 year old boy is Jamison Stone, his father is Michael Stone, and they are cruel, unethical,  rotten hunters if it took them 3 hours and 16 shots to kill the poor animal... Equines are smarter and more senstive than many canines.  Its doubtful that any bacon or chops are edible from that thing... they say they plan on 600 lbs. of sausage though....

Look at the size of the pistol in the kids hand, then the pistol size as it appears atop the boar, and notice they way the hunters all stand behind the boar, while the boar is always close to the camera... Its a big pig alright, but those are phony perspectives...

big20pigvl3.jpg

img2196mq7.jpg

img2208yl3.jpg

Something like this might be a bit more legit:

boarem3.jpg

boar1ib9.jpg

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hogzilla.asp

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8PBKB5G0&show_article=1&image=large

http://www.monsterpig.com

http://www.thelegendofhogzillathemovie.com

Guest HazeyWolf

Awwwwwww...you're giving away the magician's secrets...

There's lots of boar hunting out here, Ms. Holly - mostly bow-hunters.  I've come across feral pigs in the wild and never had a problem, but they are dangerous... I've never seen anything over two hundred pounds though... supposedly the huge, hybridized farm pigs can turn feral and wild in a single season if you let 'em loose!  I love piggies, they're cute! lol... If you want a good laugh check out the Cold Steel boar spear video... they do a whole bit on hunting wild boar with dogs and goin' in for the kill with a spear or knife..."Thrust, and enlarge the wound cavity..." lol... I don't mean to sound anti-boar hunting though... feral pigs are a nuisance and destroy the ecosystem out here... kinda like us, lol. Hmm.... longpork...

somepiglargepd0.jpg

How can something that starts out so cute, grow into something so mean-looking  8|

~  :woot: :rofl: :rofl: :P 

~ I don't know abuot y'all, but it's a load off my mind to know that hogzilla wasn't grown by nature... 8| (it was probably fed high fructose corn syrup, with Purina Hog chow with some tainted Chinese wheat gluten thrown in.) :P Now I can go back in the woods... :unsure:

(for now...)

Guest HazeyWolf

There's a lady who walks her little pot-bellied pigs in the park near me... They're her dogs... They're hecka funny to watch, and they're super affectionate.  You're right Taken, Hogzilla was supposedly a domensticated pig raised up like a beef cow - to be our food... it got loose in the Georgia swamps and managed to find a rural farm that had fish ponds, and Hogzilla gorged itself for a season on high-protein fish food pellets.  I love seeing weird and giant monstrocities and freaks of nature.  Every kid (in all of us) is facinated by imagining dinosaurs, but humans actually hunted giant mammals; its always blown me away to think of our ancestors stalking giant 7-foot tall dear, giant mammoths and mastadons, 3-ton sloth as tall as a graffe when standing, huge cave bears and monsterous wolves, saber toothed cats, humungous  rhinos...

The American Southwest used to look like the Serenghetti on steroids!  Scientific opinion currently suggests that the blitzkrieg of humans brought about their end - the first sign of an imbalance in the environment... I love the ever growing body of fiction and sci-fi that deals with themes our post-human future and trans-speciation and modification... All our farm animals and plants are already genetically manipulated by us... the future is lookin' might weird! 

I love seeing weird and giant monstrocities and freaks of nature

Thats why we like seeing you Hazey. :hugegrin: :help:

Guest HazeyWolf

We're all animals on display in a cosmic zoo, buddy... lol...

Did you see the latest Nessie video?

News: New video footage of Loch Ness Monster?

The Associated Press

EDINBURGH, Scotland — The Loch Ness monster is back — and there’s video.

A man has captured what Nessie watchers say is possible footage of the supposed mythical creature beneath Scotland’s most mysterious lake.

“I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw this jet black thing, about 45 feet long, moving fairly fast in the water,” said Gordon Holmes, the 55-year-old a lab technician from Shipley, Yorkshire, who took the video in late May.

Nessie watcher and marine biologist Adrian Shine viewed the video and hoped to properly analyze it in the coming months.

“I see myself as a skeptical interpreter of what happens in the loch, but I do keep an open mind about these things and there is no doubt this is some of the best footage I have seen,” said Shine, of the Loch Ness 2000 center in Drumnadrochit, on the shores of the lake.

Holmes said whatever it was moved at about 6 mph and kept a fairly straight course.

“My initial thought is it could be a very big eel, they have serpent-like features and they may explain all the sightings in Loch Ness over the years.”

http://www.kansascity.com/286/story/132554.html